Moved Thread James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes! - The PEDs Forum Version

Remove this Banner Ad

It was banned.

You can't take something that is banned then make the case that you should be let off because it didn't work.

Attempted murder and all that.

yeah i never said that. You conveniently mis quoted me by deleting my entire post apart from the word banned and said i said something i didn't. Then when i replied you moved the post to another thread whilst retaining yours here.

Excellent work.

I never said Essendon or Hird should not have been banned for taking TB4. I said TB4 didn't work.

The answer is no.

There's enough pressure on AFL coaches already, without having to bear the extra pressure someone with his history would bring.

It might start as a redemption story, but could end in disaster.

could end in disaster.

French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

Now Jimbo missed out on the Essendon job, I take it he is going to try and get a assistant role at another club to keep learning so he is ready when another top job becomes available.

Gone but not forgotten
Graham Arnold has been right about many things this World Cup, but after comically wild information spread on social media today, none more so than his proclamation social media is, to quote him directly, “shite”.

Arnold’s distaste for the digital distractions that unsettled athletes’ minds, but it took a strange twist in today’s pre game press conference when Arnold received a question in Arabic from a Tunisian journalist who wanted to know about the failed drugs tests in the Australian camp.
Arnold, wearing a translation earpiece, screwed his face up and shook his head, disbelieving of the question that was being asked.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Arnold casually replied back to the journalist, with another shake of the head.
Turns out, all afternoon, rumours had been bouncing around social media platforms in Arabic about a breaking story 34 Australian’s had failed drugs tests.
Maybe Tunisia would be back in!
Erm, no.

The story in question was actually a report from 2014. And, wait for it, not even about the Socceroos. Or football.

It was … the Essendon saga. Y’know, the one in which 34 AFL players were found guilty of using banned substances. Y’know, the one that ruined lives, and careers, and had gave Melbourne radio enough to talk about for a century. Y’know, the one that had absolutely nothing to do with football.

Someone, somewhere, had put two and two together and got a chicken.

Didn’t stop the story being shared, and commented on, until websites across Arab nations, such as misbar.com denounced the claims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. He doesn't even believe he did anything that wrong. I would fully expect him to do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back