James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Demetriou sentenced to Gaol for White Collar Crime/corrupt private business sector practices whilst Hird makes a triumphant return to coaching with the Giants in 2023 would have a certain amount of schadenfreude for Essendon supporters I dare say.

maskmcgee

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably exactly what the AFL want. Will bring enormous amounts of interest and attention to GWS, which is what they need, somebody to pay attention to them, while allowing the actual good coach to go to Gold Coast.

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Demetriou sentenced to Gaol for White Collar Crime/corrupt private business sector practices whilst Hird makes a triumphant return to coaching with the Giants in 2023 would have a certain amount of schadenfreude for Essendon supporters I dare say.

Rich people dont go to gaol, and coaches of teams convicted of the biggest doping scandal in team sport anywhere in the world ever are okay to keep on coaching.

You would hope if Clarko becomes coach one of his requirements is for GWS to tell Hird to duck off. Well, anyone who becomes the new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopher

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm gonna reach for the popcorn if it happens.

Some ridiculous pearl-clutching going on in this thread.

windyhill

Hall of Famer
Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Toorak toff up to Western Sydney ?
Animated GIF
Fish out of water. What would Tania (pronounced tanyaa) think ?