Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters
Even if Hird wasn't suspended for being a drug cheat, what has he ever done to justify a head coach position? He's spent one week as an assistant coach in his entire life
I gotta believe it must be somewhat galling to the Essendon legend that is Hurdy that he has to take orders from Spike McVeigh.:moustache:

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
Luke Darcy* too, simon garlick, scott west, nathan brown all used his services to recover from serious injury. it wasn't illegal back then but clearly shady
It might well have been illegal, but I’m not sure the league was looking into it much.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
I'm pretty sure he spent a few weeks doing an HR course or some s**t in France - that's got to be worth a bit.....
Those people that think James Hird fell on his sword ignore the fact he was paid $1m to not work for a year
source

Why does anyone who gets paid a million dollars for nothing deserve a second chance at anything? They've had more chances than anyone here will ever get.

2345b8e305232f797c56f93f3c703957.jpg

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Look for whatever reason the Essendon base love him. If the base loves him as much as port based loved hinkley you got to go with it.

Culturally he reminds me of Kenny 2.0. he has the respect of fans board and maybe even players (need to ask them). He definitely has buy in and can see Don's back in the 8 Kenny style

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
This is actually hilarious. Not only have Essendon yet again chundered all over themselves this week and shown just how much of a minnow club they have turned into, but now they see the path back to greatness via the coach who was at them helm during its darkest period in its fabled history. You just cannot make this s**t up. It's all time. What an absolute basket case of a club.

Back