Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find it unfathomable to believe that a guy who stained careers of 30-40 players, made most sit a year of their careers out, get a Brownlow stripped off one of their most favourite sons, plunged the club into 5+ years of chaos AND WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS ACTUALLY INJECTED INTO THOSE GUYS SYSTEMS..that that guy would be welcome back with open arms to coach that team or that people would have no problem with that.

Boggles the mind
Yeah we do. CAS said it was TB4 allegedly.

I’d happily have him at the crows the way we are going! Let’s get old twitchy face Neeld as an assistant too.

I’d happily have him at the crows the way we are going! Let’s get old twitchy face Neeld as an assistant too.
Albeit at home, Adelaide have lost to two pretty good sides, it's just that most have written them both off as being too old and maybe one of them will finish top 4 and maybe both will finish top 8. Adelaide should win their next 4 and be 5-2 after 7 rounds.

Last edited:
Albeit at home, Adelaide have lost to two pretty good sides, it's just that most have written both off and maybe one of them will finish top 4 and maybe both will finish top 8. Adelaide should win their next 4 and be 5-2 after 7 rounds.

Yeah soft draw ahead. It’s more the way we lose than the loss itself.

How could the Bombers reasonably expect players that have been rubbed out for a year to play for Hird again?

How could the Bombers reasonably expect players that have been rubbed out for a year to play for Hird again?

Hird would just have to wait for them all to retire. Wouldn’t be too many left, and if they weren’t happy, the club could offload them. Surely Hird gets whatever he asks for.

FFS, I wouldn't leave Hird in charge of the washing up, let alone be in charge of a ******* football club.

The belief that he should get any sort of redemption is the same bullshit football mantra that excused sexual assault, violence and public indecency as "boys will be boys" for the last 50 years.

Australian football and it's journos need to grow the * up and stop being god damned sycophants. In fact every time Robbo defends him, he needs to be kicked dead set in the nuts til he gets it through his thick head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're simply going to have to re-appoint him at some point anyway. He's going to do what he did to Matthew Knights to Woosha - that effort is already in motion - and if he doesn't get the gig next, then Woosha's successor is going to get the same treatment. For a large percentage of the powerbrokers and fan base, which includes the many Essendon fans in the media, Hird is Essendon.

He and his supporters will do their best to undermine the club until they relent.

People will scoff at my post, and I'll bump this thread in 1, 3 or 6 years when I'm eventually right. He will be their coach again. And he'll do everything he can to wreck the club until they acknowledge it. So they're better off just re-appointing him now and hoping to God he can actually coach.

Essendon's supporter base has really split into two factions.

- Those loyal to James Hird.
- Those loyal to the Essendon Football Club.

I hope Essendon hire him to replace Worsfold, who has a Knights 2010 feeling about him, while Hird is still Hird aka a backstabber.
Knights must be scratching his head. Has been involved in a successful Geelong outfit pretty much from the time Hird got him knifed, yet we don’t see any media types coming out in support of him getting a second crack at a senior coaching gig.

Back