Play Nice James Hird rushed to hospital - suspected overdose

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does it say that it was solely his responsibility? It doesn't.

That statement as far as it goes is correct. Hird did set up the program but I see it mentions Dank and Robinson, just like everybody else does. They were fully responsible for their actions as well.

The governance failures were levelled at the club as a whole and that includes the Football Department and club management, as has been previously stated.

Again, any claims that you've made about Hird being held solely responsible are either complete bull or as evidenced by your previous post, a failure to comprehend simple statements.
Sit back for an hour or two and digest this- "everything that resulted from it (the program) was his responsibility. "Everything"

I might even find a few more if I'm lucky, to show how naïve you are.

Where does it say that it was solely his responsibility? It doesn't.

That statement as far as it goes is correct. Hird did set up the program but I see it mentions Dank and Robinson, just like everybody else does. They were fully responsible for their actions as well.

The governance failures were levelled at the club as a whole and that includes the Football Department and club management, as has been previously stated.

Again, any claims that you've made about Hird being held solely responsible are either complete bull or as evidenced by your previous post, a failure to comprehend simple statements.

This is going to make you look really silly and it only took a minute to find it;

"Hird as the coach was responsible for the people put in place and the program undertaken. His attempt to sheet blame to others does him no credit"

Seek and Ye shall find if you take your blinkers off

This is going to make you look really silly and it only took a minute to find it;

"Hird as the coach was responsible for the people put in place and the program undertaken. His attempt to sheet blame to others does him no credit"

Seek and Ye shall find if you take your blinkers off

This is becoming entirely dopey now. You are promoting your own lack of understanding of simple things and ensuring your credibility remains practically non-existent.

Even taking those quotes in isolation, not in context (another major fail on your part) plus ignoring 90% of what I posted because your have no answer, you still cannot justify your original and misguided premise that Hird is the only one being held responsible. He is one of a number of people.

Fact: Hird was the coach and was responsible for getting the program started.
Fact: He had a role in sidelining Reid as evidenced by the messages to Corcoran
Fact: As a very senior member of the Football Department, he was in a position to do better as far as complying with the rules but he failed to perform adequately
Fact: The club was sanctioned for it's failure as a club (loss of finals, fines etc)
Fact: Thompson was sanctioned for his failures
Fact: Dank was sanctioned for his failures
Fact: 34 players were sanctioned for their failures

I do hope you won't be silly enough to say that Hird is being blamed for Dank's actions or the club's governance failures because clearly that isn't the case, no matter how hard you try to stretch things. Your premise is wrong, demonstrably wrong. You should just stop now

This is becoming entirely dopey now. You are promoting your own lack of understanding of simple things and ensuring your credibility remains practically non-existent.

Even taking those quotes in isolation, not in context (another major fail on your part) plus ignoring 90% of what I posted because your have no answer, you still cannot justify your original and misguided premise that Hird is the only one being held responsible. He is one of a number of people.

Fact: Hird was the coach and was responsible for getting the program started.
Fact: He had a role in sidelining Reid as evidenced by the messages to Corcoran
Fact: As a very senior member of the Football Department, he was in a position to do better as far as complying with the rules but he failed to perform adequately
Fact: The club was sanctioned for it's failure as a club (loss of finals, fines etc)
Fact: Thompson was sanctioned for his failures
Fact: Dank was sanctioned for his failures
Fact: 34 players were sanctioned for their failures

I do hope you won't be silly enough to say that Hird is being blamed for Dank's actions or the club's governance failures because clearly that isn't the case, no matter how hard you try to stretch things. Your premise is wrong, demonstrably wrong. You should just stop now
Very cute - now lie down and think about the original assertion that "nobody" thinks Hird is solely responsible. Which l have rebutted unequivocally in a few short glances in this thread. Wonder what I'd find in all the other trashy threads.

Now run along.

Very cute - now lie down and think about the original assertion that "nobody" thinks Hird is solely responsible. Which l have rebutted unequivocally in a few short glances in this thread. Wonder what I'd find in all the other trashy threads.

Now run along.

I give up.

You are beyond any redemption.

Here is your original comment:

I continue to wonder why the anti Hirdites continue to proffer the charade of his unilateral responsibility for the saga.

It was an entirely ridiculous statement then and it still is. He has never been held 'unilaterally responsible', never! But if you want to try and engender some sympathy for a person who seemingly cannot accept his failure to perform his role correctly, then you will be doomed to further failure and quite properly so.

The facts are against you but continue to ignore them. Continue to pretend that Dank, Thompson, Essendon and 34 players have been sanctioned and continue to crybaby that Hird is the only one bing blamed. I'm putting you in the category and Bruce and the Gov.

I give up.

You are beyond any redemption.

Here is your original comment:

I continue to wonder why the anti Hirdites continue to proffer the charade of his unilateral responsibility for the saga.

It was an entirely ridiculous statement then and it still is. He has never been held 'unilaterally responsible', never! But if you want to try and engender some sympathy for a person who seemingly cannot accept his failure to perform his role correctly, then you will be doomed to further failure and quite properly so.

The facts are against you but continue to ignore them. Continue to pretend that Dank, Thompson, Essendon and 34 players have been sanctioned and continue to crybaby that Hird is the only one bing blamed. I'm putting you in the category and Bruce and the Gov.
You said "nobody says that".

But they do, they do say that. Implicitly and impliedly.

It's there for all to read but you ignore it.

Do you really me want to waste my time embarrassing you further?

You said "nobody says that".

But they do, they do say that. Implicitly and impliedly.

It's there for all to read but you ignore it.

Do you really me want to waste my time embarrassing you further?

The funniest part of all this is you claiming to embarrass me. You've made outlandish statements on this business for a long time but I'm still finding it hard to believe that you really believe what you post. You're certainly achieving nothing other than attracting further ridicule. You're not the Gov are you?

The funniest part of all this is you claiming to embarrass me. You've made outlandish statements on this business for a long time but I'm still finding it hard to believe that you really believe what you post. You're certainly achieving nothing other than attracting further ridicule. You're not the Gov are you?
You're trying to sneak away from your original comment- "nobody says that".

All I'm doing is letting you know you were wrong and have proven it with very little effort.

If you want to keep labouring on about it I'm happy to oblige.

You're trying to sneak away from your original comment- "nobody says that".

All I'm doing is letting you know you were wrong and have proven it with very little effort.

If you want to keep labouring on about it I'm happy to oblige.

You've become a parody now. Keep proving all you like, you'll achieve nothing, change nothing and add up to the same.

Hird has never been held solely responsible, so lets not pretend otherwise.

Go back to holding hands with Bruce and don't forget your alfoil hat

You've become a parody now. Keep proving all you like, you'll achieve nothing, change nothing and add up to the same.

Hird has never been held solely responsible, so lets not pretend otherwise.

Go back to holding hands with Bruce and don't forget your alfoil hat
Once again you're moving away from what you claimed right from the beginning which was "nobody says that".

Lots do say that and l have given only a couple from a cursory glance at this thread.

Lots believe, like me, he was well down the blame ladder.

So keep on being obstinate about a failed assertion. attitudes like that don't do much for whatever integrity you have left.

If we're playing the blame game, it's amazing that the head of Essendon's Football Operation Department at the time rarely got a mention during the saga. Should have been the number 1 target.
I wonder what Paul Hamilton is up to these days?
Hammer's got a gig with the VFL l think, dodged many bullets while Hirdy cops all the blame from a lot of the misinformed campaigners out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone see Bomber or Corcs being employed back in the industry?[/QUOTE]
A few were surprised that Corcoran was welcomed back at Essendon after his involvement in the salary cap cheating in the 90s.

Once again you're moving away from what you claimed right from the beginning which was "nobody says that".

Lots do say that and l have given only a couple from a cursory glance at this thread.

Lots believe, like me, he was well down the blame ladder.

So keep on being obstinate about a failed assertion. attitudes like that don't do much for whatever integrity you have left.

Ok I'll repeat where this started was your demonstrably false claim:

You have attempted to find a single statement, taken out of context, ignoring two other names as being at fault and tried to nitpick your way out of dealing with your own statement. If you wish to nitpick my comment, apply the same standard to your own. Even the article that you selectively choose as your proof names others as being at fault.

You can believe whatever you wish but Hird is just not 'well down the blame ladder'. He is entirely complicit, at least from the aspect of failing his responsibilities. and that is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario is he intended to breach the Anti-Doping Code. You don't know the true level of his involvement. It is likely that very few people do know and none of them are talking.

Either way, selective quoting, nitpicking, weasel words and ignoring facts add nothing to an intelligent discussion and is more suited to one of Bruce Twit screeds

Hammer's got a gig with the VFL l think, dodged many bullets while Hirdy cops all the blame from a lot of the misinformed campaigners out there.

misinformed campaigners !, this board ran on it and to some degree still does, the amount of vitriol directed at one man has IMO seen him have a breakdown and attempted suicide.

Personally i think many posters on this board are partly to blame, i imagine they will weasel out of it and tell themselves it was someone else, but i saw it, it was ugly, it was constant and it was unrelenting, a bit like what Patrick Smith copped on twitter yesterday but magnified by 4/5 years and across a huge number of platforms.

At the bottom of this mess i expect we will find basically nothing, except a lot of misinformed campaigners squealing like stuck pigs for blood.

Ok I'll repeat where this started was your demonstrably false claim:

You have attempted to find a single statement, taken out of context, ignoring two other names as being at fault and tried to nitpick your way out of dealing with your own statement. If you wish to nitpick my comment, apply the same standard to your own. Even the article that you selectively choose as your proof names others as being at fault.

You can believe whatever you wish but Hird is just not 'well down the blame ladder'. He is entirely complicit, at least from the aspect of failing his responsibilities. and that is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario is he intended to breach the Anti-Doping Code. You don't know the true level of his involvement. It is likely that very few people do know and none of them are talking.

Either way, selective quoting, nitpicking, weasel words and ignoring facts add nothing to an intelligent discussion and is more suited to one of Bruce Twit screeds
Please confirm you will not resile from your position that nobody has ever implicitly or impliedly said that Hird is entirely responsible for what has happened. i.e. in your own words; "nobody says that"

Please confirm you will not resile from your position that nobody has ever implicitly or impliedly said that Hird is entirely responsible for what has happened. i.e. in your own words; "nobody says that"

Please stop changing the subject, which was Hird is only one being blamed.

See I can play stupid word games as well...and it add nothing to having an intelligent discussion. Take a hint.

misinformed campaigners !, this board ran on it and to some degree still does, the amount of vitriol directed at one man has IMO seen him have a breakdown and attempted suicide.

Personally i think many posters on this board are partly to blame, i imagine they will weasel out of it and tell themselves it was someone else, but i saw it, it was ugly, it was constant and it was unrelenting, a bit like what Patrick Smith copped on twitter yesterday but magnified by 4/5 years and across a huge number of platforms.

At the bottom of this mess i expect we will find basically nothing, except a lot of misinformed campaigners squealing like stuck pigs for blood.

Do you think James Hird reads Bigfooty, how do you consider the posters on here are partly to blame if he wasn't reading the forum. What other platforms are you talking about?

I don't think James had twitter, I doubt he had a public facebook account.

Do you think James Hird reads Bigfooty, how do you consider the posters on here are partly to blame if he wasn't reading the forum. What other platforms are you talking about?

I don't think James had twitter, I doubt he had a public facebook account.

Its more of the same from GM.

Personally I find it disgusting that some on here can use Hird's situation as a platform to attack those who refused to be in the Hird camp all the time. Its a low act.

Nothing lower than taking a position and not owning up to it; which was- "nobody says that"

You are an utter hypocrit.

You refuse to acknowledge your original post and seek to change the subject, then you completely fail to show those doing it.

Name those who are doing it. You cannot. Its not Patrick Smith whom you have been selectively quoting as he also named Dank and Robinson in the bit that you did quote.

AFL? No, CAS? No. ASADA? No Federal Goverment? No Essendon? No Caro? No Smith? No

Who are ALL these people claiming Hird is the only one at fault. Who?

And yes, using Hird's illness to promote your agenda is simply despicable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back