Remove this Banner Ad

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
There might be some stigma attached to pumping players full of performance enhancers, but you do have to wonder how much more interesting the competition would be if they just allowed some wacky arms race where clubs had open season on them?

The Bombers were actually half decent to watch when the majority of their squad was doped to the gills. Watson won a Brownlow, Brent Stanton temporarily become an elite player.

Would love to see how far sports science could go with no barriers and the best biochemists brought into a club-funded thinktank.

Brent Daniels would be cracking 45 touches each game. Every second week the Giants would swing Nick Haynes forward, he'd kick his 10-12 and end up breaking Peter Hudson's record.

No idea if Rodchenkov is still consulting, but if I was Hird I'd be seeing what he's up to.

Aussie in exile

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
All I can say is that if they do appoint Hird...I'd like him to start his press conference with "I'm shocked to be sitting here"
The very words Fat Andy you to use when a scandal surfaced. Pretending he was surprised

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
There’s no indication at all gws are considering him for a senior role, this rumour is completely made up because he joined the club and Leon Cameron is under external pressure.

It’s speculation, not a rumour.

Aramis

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably the same reason Wayne Carey is a commentator, Leigh Matthews was a coach and commentator, Ted Witten is so revered, Jobe and Tim Watson have jobs in the media, and Eddie Maguire not be held to account.

All are absolute rubbish humans, but they are part of the circle jerk at the top of the AFL. The elite end of the AFL is a massive protection racket for those on the inside. It's hard to get in, but once there you can do no wrong.

Don't get me wrong - the boys' club/'jobz for the boyz' sentiment is absolutely real and unashamedly exists in the upper echelons of the AFL.

However, you've picked a bit of a mixed bag of individuals to illustrate the point. Sure, some of them have done some fairly questionable things or have exhibited behaviour that leaves a lot to be desired, but none of them hold a candle to Hird's efforts.

What Hird was a party to was absolutely criminal. It was a crime against football fans everywhere.

ThePhreshOne

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
So long as Leon Cameron joins the Dogs as an assistant I don't care.

Maurice Mitchell

All Australian
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm struggling to decipher most of your message, but the bit that I can - Agree, Goodwin is a poor character and should not be coaching. I've posted on here numerous times. He was up to his eyeballs in the Essendon drug cheating and I don't want him a Melbourne. I've also said that there needs to be an investigation into Shane Carter's involvement with AFL Players in the late 90's early 2000's including James Hird and Shane Woewodin.
Presumably samples are kept frozen - I wonder how long for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 19, 2006
The local Satanist Cabal
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm, Spurs, Socceroos
Giants players in 2023.

Shark Tank Muscle GIF by ABC Network

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Don't see it.

Of all the AFL, AFLW, and state league teams head coaches and assistants, there would surely be a lot of people who could do the job at least as well if not better, without the baggage and media circus Hird has.

You'd be an idiot to make him head coach again anywhere. Not worth it.

SuperMal

All Australian
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Not going to happen.

Clarkson will join GWS on a 10 year deal after he agrees to go to the Suns.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Yeah/Na, as much as the Essendon coterie and some in the VFL/AFL would like to see the return of the wayward son it's not going to happen.

Delecate Des

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Celtic FC
Don't see it.

Of all the AFL, AFLW, and state league teams head coaches and assistants, there would surely be a lot of people who could do the job at least as well if not better, without the baggage and media circus Hird has.

You'd be an idiot to make him head coach again anywhere. Not worth it.

ol gil.jpg

Bipolarbear

It's me, it's me it's BPB
Jul 29, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Browns, Eels, SA Spurs, JackJumpers
Dude is a stud, knows footy like nobody else. He got himself mixed up with a bad crew in Thompson who brought in his cronies from Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad