News James Hird to Freo?

Should Freo employ James Hird as an opposition analyst?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to move back to Perth in the next year or two (haven't lived there since about 2000) - see so much opportunity and growth potential right now (West Perth end of Murray St, for example... it looks like the back streets of Mogadishu at the moment!). Melbourne is maxed out and getting the point of being too big for what its infrastructure allows. yyou is right about 'the burbs' here - all the way in or all the way out for mine.
I have friends from Perth that live in Richmond and South Yarra and they seem happy in Melbourne. It's all the sport that Melbourne gets (and food I suppose) that really attracts me and while i'm 31 and single, it's a good time to move; but then I think about Perth and there's the weather, like yyou I live in Freo and the proximity to the beach and river is part of everyday life, the bars and restaurants are getting so much better, there's the new Optus Stadium plus all my family and friends and the whole Perth lifestyle is so relaxed. Oh and down south (not so much Margaret River anymore but Denmark and Albany).

I have friends from Perth that live in Richmond and South Yarra and they seem happy in Melbourne. It's all the sport that Melbourne gets (and food I suppose) that really attracts me and while i'm 31 and single, it's a good time to move; but then I think about Perth and there's the weather, like yyou I live in Freo and the proximity to the beach and river is part of everyday life, the bars and restaurants are getting so much better, there's the new Optus Stadium plus all my family and friends and the whole Perth lifestyle is so relaxed. Oh and down south (not so much Margaret River anymore but Denmark and Albany).
I get you Wally, but I see it as part of life's adventure.
I'm 50 & broke, but with a hot wife 20 years younger than me & an awesome kid (1st marriage - full custody) who is almost 18.
The Mrs & I spoke the other day of looking at living in another country in a few years when Jnr moves on (he is going to play cricket in England 4 his gap year in 2019)
We reckon maybe San Fransisco
The world is a small place & most things are still around when you revisit them.
My 2 cents worth
All the best & if u get 2 melbs at any stage hit me up 4 a beer or vino.
Open invitation 2 any Freo fans as I love Freo & I love drinking

I'm 50 & broke, but with a hot wife 20 years younger than me & an awesome kid (1st marriage - full custody) who is almost 18.
The Mrs & I spoke the other day of looking at living in another country in a few years when Jnr moves on (he is going to play cricket in England 4 his gap year in 2019)
The world is a small place & most things are still around when you revisit them.
My 2 cents worth

Clancee Pearce likes this post (the part about you moving to San Fran)

My 2 cents worth

I've lived there too (... and Sydney, and Brisbane, and Manila...)! Four years in SF was plenty - and property values and rental prices are 3x what they were when I was there in 2009-ish - but it's an awesome place, it just becomes fatiguing after a while. Like Perth (and Melbourne) there's some great places for day trips. Sausalito and Tiburon are God's country.

Richmond and South Yarra (and to keep this post on topic, formerly Hirdy's home suburb of Toorak) are my part of the world - great places to be if you're 32 and single (or 31 and single, Wally Walpamur!), but the comparison on quality of life stakes comes into pretty stark focus when you look at what $1m-ish buys you in Richmond (now the priciest suburb in Melbourne on a $/psm basis) vs, say, Subi/West Leederville/North Perth (which to me reeks of pre-gentrification Richmond in terms of its price trajectory). Plus beaches. Plus the fact that, as you said, Perth is far, faaaar more relaxed - Melbourne getting like Sydney in that most are too 'busy' to show simple courtesies these days.

Slightly off topic but has anyone been listening to James Hird’s (and Crawfs) podcasts on reviews and previews of each weeks game?

Hird is very impressive and has a lot of interesting insights. He also talked about Ross Lyon yesterday and how impressive he is - and that they had a 3 to 4 hour chat about footy in the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back