James Hird's Reception

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like 2012-2016 just didn't happen isn't it. I don't mind the Bombers supporters who want to move on - but the ones who are still in denial are....actually they're pretty bloody entertaining ...

There's more than a few crap acts that players have been involved in that have been forgiven and we move on.

Jake King has charges pending with very shady associates and he's been seen as a great Aussie bloke while doing the media rounds this week.

That was not a court room. It was a tribunal, there is a distinct difference. They got banned without any of them failing a test, ben cousins got banned without failing a test, people in glass houses
Correct. It is not a court of law, it is a sporting code of conduct. The inability to provide sufficient records is the guilt.

There's no media effort to rehabilitate him. You're seeing things and I suspect from the "I won't think what they tell me to think!" crew who are forever jumping at shadows.

There most certainly is. Same with Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, so he was booed! who gives a s**t really. was expected by him, and every other person at the ground and especially essendon supporters. do we care after all we've been through? nope.

Here's the thing.

Every year a person presenting the award who comes from a team who isn't playing on the day, gets booed. Poor Shannon Grant copped a fair bit last year. So Hired got booed and it wasn't surprising that he did.

To his credit though, he ignored it, did his little speech and that was that.
Yeh nah that's not why he was booed

From where I was sitting it seemed to be bit of a mix. There was definitely some booing, but there was also some applause or cheering. I would say it was about 50/50 between the two of those who reacted to Hird, but most people simply didn't do either.

He would have loved the way the tigers chased, bombers were like that under his coaching right up to the last minute of the match. Haven't seen teams run like that since those high west coast years.

Everyone booed in the section I was in... and then promptly cheered when Dusty was named. It was a stupid decision by the AFL (just another one to add to the list).

Yeah but then again you think Carey is a better bloke than Hird so how can we be sure what you heard was even from this planet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back