James Hird's Reception

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird stuffed up, however he was more careless than evil mastermind and has served his penalties.
Don't see why he should be kicked any further - very much doubt he's the first person in history to make a mistake in life, serve his penalty, then want to move on from it.
He was entitled to present the Norm Smith and did so.
Be great if everyone could move on.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you talking about Watson or Hird?

Make up your mind.

Both.

Watson's retirement was treated like Jimmy Bartel's, champion of the game etc. Complete whitewashing of the fact that he'd been suspended for a year and had his Brownlow stripped for doping.

The Hird rehabilitation is in full swing too.

Maths and logic not really 2 of your strong points are they?
Maths was fine 2018 - 10 = 2008.

What i got wrong was thinking the Norm Smith was presented by the winner from 10 years ago.
I made a mistake - big deal.

Oh wait it's an internet forum and you sound like a typical internet warrior.

Both.

Watson's retirement was treated like Jimmy Bartel's, champion of the game etc. Complete whitewashing of the fact that he'd been suspended for a year and had his Brownlow stripped for doping.

The Hird rehabilitation is in full swing too.

Thread and my comments are about Hird. Something you're still yet to show any substance on, as far as backing up your statement that there's a media campaign in action.

Thread and my comments are about Hird. Something you're still yet to show any substance on, as far as backing up your statement that there's a media campaign in action.

Sigh, whatever. I suppose you weren't alive to the idea that WADA might come in over the top either though.

Everyone booed in the section I was in... and then promptly cheered when Dusty was named. It was a stupid decision by the AFL (just another one to add to the list).
How many people in your section and how long did each individual boo for.

You know, seeing as you know they ALL booed this should be easy to answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh, whatever. I suppose you weren't alive to the idea that WADA might come in over the top either though.

Irrelevant.

You made a stupid claim about there being a media campaign to "rehabilitate" Hird when there's been absolutely nothing of the sort. Reaction to him presenting the medal from the media ranged from negative to neutral.

Of course, given it doesn't exist, you have no evidence of it.

the burden of proof for guilt is beyond reasonable doubt, so no guilt was found here.
Beyond reasonable doubt is not the level by which the dopers were judged. The level was "comfortable satisfaction". WADA were comfortably satisfied that the evidence was enough and they were banned. I hope we don't have to go over all this again....

Hird stuffed up, however he was more careless than evil mastermind and has served his penalties.
Don't see why he should be kicked any further - very much doubt he's the first person in history to make a mistake in life, serve his penalty, then want to move on from it.
He was entitled to present the Norm Smith and did so.
Be great if everyone could move on.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not according to Hird!

Armstrong cheated and was rightly banned for life by USADA. JH didnt even get charged by ASADA. Spot the difference?
That one of them is your bloke and one of them is someone else's problem?

You're more one eyed that a Justin Bieber superfan.

I wasn't at the ground so all i can say is

boo, and an added boo to whoever brought him into the stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back