Free Agency James Jordon [Joins Sydney as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have already been discussed, but isn’t eligible for compo.

That’s only for 8+ year free agents.

Set out in 17.6(a) in https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...nded-AFL-Rules-effective-28-February-2023.pdf
He's an unrestricted free agent as he was delisted and then re rookied.
This doesn't mean he isn't eligible for compensation, it just means Melbourne cannot match Sydney's offer and force a trade.

That said, it would be highly unlikely that his contract terms would qualify the minimum requirements to get Melbourne a compensation pick.

He's an unrestricted free agent as he was delisted and then re rookied.
This doesn't mean he isn't eligible for compensation, it just means Melbourne cannot match Sydney's offer and force a trade.

That said, it would be highly unlikely that his contract terms would qualify the minimum requirements to get Melbourne a compensation pick.

See more recent posts.

(Agree)

So Melbourne fans correct me if I am wrong, and I could be very wrong as I know very little about Jordan but I get the impression he is an inside midfielder who was never able to play on the inside due to Melbourne being stacked with inside mids?
You’re not wrong, but also not really right.

Inside mid is probably the role Jordon is best suited to because it doesn’t require pace or great kicking skills.

Which is different to saying he will be anything other than average at that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL are the biggest joke with compensation, there should be no compensation for any players.

The purpose of the free agency compensation is to balance out that the clubs don't have the capability to trade players without their consent prior to their current contract ending, knowing they would lose them to a free agency deal end of the following season.

Compensation will scale down and go when clubs start being able to trade players without requiring their consent.

Good pick up by the Swans, our midfield isn't as strong as Melbourne's so he will get opportunities

To this day, i still scratch my head as to why we couldn't find a way to get him on the field at some point in the 21 GF.
It was purely due to having no injury. I think club didn’t want to throw a spanner in the works of winning a flag for the first time in 57 years. Harmes tried to get subbed out but was told no as it was only cramp. But yeah surely the AFL wouldn’t be linked an eyelid if he came on for Harmes in the last.

It was purely due to having no injury. I think club didn’t want to throw a spanner in the works of winning a flag for the first time in 57 years. Harmes tried to get subbed out but was told no as it was only cramp. But yeah surely the AFL wouldn’t be linked an eyelid if he came on for Harmes in the last.
Steve May had a hamstring injury as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back