Past James Rose - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay a medium forward. Just what we need.... our track record with these types suggest he will play one game in 3 seasons and be traded for pick 758.

God I hope im wrong but seriously where does he fit into our team? Also that set shot makes me very nervous. Davis has alot of work to put into this guy.

Yay a medium forward. Just what we need.... our track record with these types suggest he will play one game in 3 seasons and be traded for pick 758.

God I hope im wrong but seriously where does he fit into our team? Also that set shot makes me very nervous. Davis has alot of work to put into this guy.

He's a mobile marking target with athleticism and take off speed. He's super raw and has played all over the ground.

What he becomes in unclear and i suspect the reason he was drafted.

He's a Dean Towers.

Longmire wants about 6 Dean Towers that can play I reckon.

Bullocking third tall is what I got. Also the fact he has played at sturt res level is a big tick in my books

Indeed and really has a year in the NEAFL to get his body ready and then take over the spot left by Goodes in our forward line, but has the mobility to play further up the ground as well as deep forward. No complaints

He's a mobile marking target with athleticism and take off speed. He's super raw and has played all over the ground.

What he becomes in unclear and i suspect the reason he was drafted.

He's a Dean Towers.

Longmire wants about 6 Dean Towers that can play I reckon.

Exactly what I was worried about. Why cant we stop trying to be unpredictable and picking roughies and actually pick someone that has actually shown some talent or fits an actual need.

Exactly what I was worried about. Why cant we stop trying to be unpredictable and picking roughies and actually pick someone that has actually shown some talent or fits an actual need.

The above average height/ take off speed/ overhead elite types are what the Swans game plan needs on their forward flank.

There is no better athlete/ footballer archetype to help us capitalise from a break from a contest to create a scoring opportunity.

I find it exciting

Because we don't need a replacement for Goodes in 2016 because we have Membrey...oh wait

I agree with this, it's like we are trying to be fancy for the sale of it.

Can't agree with your premise. You honestly believe that our talent scouts selected someone who possesses no talent and fills no need? He looks like an athletic half forward/midfielder with a like for the hard ball and body on body, from a team that won the State flag. Go figure why we wouldn't pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you have gained a good solid kid... a teenager with a very good head on his shoulders (academically gifted, was captain of his school - scotch college - prestigious for adelaide). will be a smart footballer.
will take a couple of years to emerge. could be anything profile/position/ability wise.
he is hard at it, good hands, can kick a bag - he has been likened to Gunston...and today i hear lecras...
he will be getting the most out of his time with buddy, tippett etc...he will be amongst men and will grow accordingly.

very good friends with his family and know james well enough to have faith in his desire and ability to get the best out of himself.
i would have been stoked if he made it to my club!

speculative.. yes. but by no means a bad pick for 37!
He will give your club 110% and i dont believe you could ask for more.

i wish him all the best...

ps. his hair isnt bleached!

you have gained a good solid kid... a teenager with a very good head on his shoulders (academically gifted, was captain of his school - scotch college - prestigious for adelaide). will be a smart footballer.
will take a couple of years to emerge. could be anything profile/position/ability wise.
he is hard at it, good hands, can kick a bag - he has been likened to Gunston...and today i hear lecras...
he will be getting the most out of his time with buddy, tippett etc...he will be amongst men and will grow accordingly.

very good friends with his family and know james well enough to have faith in his desire and ability to get the best out of himself.
i would have been stoked if he made it to my club!

speculative.. yes. but by no means a bad pick for 37!
He will give your club 110% and i dont believe you could ask for more.

i wish him all the best...

ps. his hair isnt bleached!

Thanks man. Nice words and gives me a good vibe.

Welcome James - if he likes the hard stuff he has come to right place (2 games last year excepted ......)

Goodness, feel we're a little bit 'glass half empty' here tonight:p
Strikes me he might be in the Nick Smith mold actually, only up forward. No known attitude issues. Mature for his age. Hard at it. Seems he has the capability to be versatile, which Horse demands.
If we flew him up here then I feel he was near the top of our list.
Time will tell, as with all draftees. Welcome to the Bloods, James.

Just watched his highlights, looks ok, not great evasive skills but doesn't have much trouble finding the pill.

after the initial 'wtf?' reaction, I am actually feeling pretty excited by this pick. We seem to be pretty keen on him and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If we can have our own Breust or Gunston, it would make a hell of a difference to the side as I think it's one of the main things that separate us from the Hawks at the present moment. If he can make a solid impact in his second or third year, he would be a great compliment to Tippett and Buddy up forward. Excitement ahead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back