Player Watch James Rowe - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Another preseason and he will be another Caleb Daniel.

That goal he got from the Gawn tap, in front of Oliver, was class. He read the tap, positioned himself and the quick kick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Just need him to develop a somewhat tank to play minimal midfield minutes.

Sorry can't see him being anymore than a fringe player at best. His first goal was a good crumbing play. He should've been dragged for the second, letting the ball go out and hoping for a free when he had time to gather was ridiculous. Too often when running away from goal he tries to gather instead of letting a team mate gather that is running towards goal. He fumbles way too much, gives up the chase too easily and tries to be too cute.
He's lucky we don't have anyone fit enough to come in presently.

Sorry can't see him being anymore than a fringe player at best. His first goal was a good crumbing play. He should've been dragged for the second, letting the ball go out and hoping for a free when he had time to gather was ridiculous. Too often when running away from goal he tries to gather instead of letting a team mate gather that is running towards goal. He fumbles way too much, gives up the chase too easily and tries to be too cute.

think this is a bit harsh, but certainly closer to where I sit.

pretty hard to make it as a small forward without pace or defensive running.

will be interesting to see if he can learn to get himself involved when it’s not falling for him. At the moment he can become invisible if it’s not his day

i’m on the fence as to whether he’ll make it. Great story, hope he does

think this is a bit harsh, but certainly closer to where I sit.

pretty hard to make it as a small forward without pace or defensive running.

will be interesting to see if he can learn to get himself involved when it’s not falling for him.
At the moment he can become invisible if it’s not his day

i’m on the fence as to whether he’ll make it. Great story, hope he does
Hopefully he’s on the way to doing that.
Had half his disposals in the defensive half this week.

The jury is still out for me.... if goals dry up how does.he impact the game?

Yes people like to remeber the goals however its his lack of defensive pressure, tackling and putting his body on the line when it's his turn is what concerns me.

Again against Melbourne he had opportunities to lay and stick a tackle however his intent to tackle one on one was zero

His lack of defensive pressure also puts pressure on others to pick up his lack of intent in this space

No doubt he has good footy IQ and goal sense but for mine he also needs to add some defensive heat in his game

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The jury is still out for me.... if goals dry up how does.he impact the game?

Yes people like to remeber the goals however its his lack of defensive pressure, tackling and putting his body on the line when it's his turn is what concerns me.

Again against Melbourne he had opportunities to lay and stick a tackle however his intent to tackle one on one was zero

His lack of defensive pressure also puts pressure on others to pick up his lack of intent in this space

No doubt he has good footy IQ and goal sense but for mine he also needs to add some defensive heat in his game

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rowe's impact is not on the defensive side of the game. That is for sure.

His impact on the game though, is more than just goals. Yes he needs to keep kicking some, but when he gets ball in hand, he is clean and a very good decision maker. As he settles and gains more experience, I think this is the side of his game that we will see most of all.

Rowe's impact is not on the defensive side of the game. That is for sure.

His impact on the game though, is more than just goals. Yes he needs to keep kicking some, but when he gets ball in hand, he is clean and a very good decision maker. As he settles and gains more experience, I think this is the side of his game that we will see most of all.
People rabbit on about Stengle, but effectively Rowe provides as much offensive output with a few less tricks. Gets more of the ball too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to look like a decent second round pick
Yes, more 4 quarter games like last week thanks.

Liked how he got further up the ground, but most importantly was one of the few who used the ball well for the whole game.

Yes, more 4 quarter games like last week thanks.

Liked how he got further up the ground, but most importantly was one of the few who used the ball well for the whole game.
That pass he nailed when he was coralled on the boundary line was great stuff. Just a perfectly weighted kick. Clever player and a good one if he can stay involved

That pass he nailed when he was coralled on the boundary line was great stuff. Just a perfectly weighted kick. Clever player and a good one if he can stay involved
I don’t care if he’s slow, I do care that he’s one of a very few on our list that can actually hit up a teammate with an accurate pass.

Always suspected with Jimmy that by his nature (and this is really a symptom of being a small forward) that the better the team is playing the better he's going to look and play and as such, playing in a largely crap team was going to be limiting.

He's an icing on the cake player and when there's no cake, it's going to be pretty thin

Needs to shave those sideburns before the Collingwood match
I was having trouble telling Rowe, McHenry and Rachele apart from where I was watching on Sunday. All these small forward types with identical dark pseudo-mullets. Those 3 lads need to sit down and sort it out amongst themselves.

Rachele kicked 5 so he probably gets first dibs on the chosen hairdo. Maybe McHenry can get a sensible short back and sides, and Rowe can go for the Mattingly-I-told-you-to-trim-those-sideburns look. Or perhaps Rowe should demonstrate some respect for our club's long and illustrious history by getting some blonde tips? Been a while since we had one of those going around, other than Atkins' "I just went through a life-changing traumatic experience" look when he just went full white.

Always suspected with Jimmy that by his nature (and this is really a symptom of being a small forward) that the better the team is playing the better he's going to look and play and as such, playing in a largely crap team was going to be limiting.

He's an icing on the cake player and when there's no cake, it's going to be pretty thin
Except that in the first half last Sunday arvo when the team was playing crap he was actually one of the very few that did alright!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back