Recommitted James Sicily [signed new contract through to 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Despite looking like a petulant child last week he has really come on as a player this season with his move down back.

Young and shown ability down both ends of the field. There are rumours that Carlton are into him big time.

Would have thought he would be a key part of Hawthorns list moving forward?

Hawks fans? What is the go here?

His value has increased enormously with his transition into becoming an intercepting defender. Although he's not true KPP material, he's got a wonderful leap, strong hands, good kicking skills and excellent goal sense when he plays forward. Despite Clarko laughing off the stuff with Duryea I'm sure it was taken seriously internally.

The rumour goes that James was part of a handshake deal with Carlton last year, in order to secure the extra draft pick for the O'Meara deal. I think it was actually just misreported, but there you have it.

There was a bit of talk on the Lions board a month or so ago of him coming to us due to the Chris Fagan connection, probably nothing in it. Good player though, handy 3rd tall forward or back.

campaigner.
5 goals against North in most recent encounter, predictable bitterness.
Would have thought we wouldn't be offering his worth considering our needs for midfielders more than anything?

We'd happily receive Sicily for a 2nd rounder, but not a first, and that's what Hawthorn would ask.
Before the bye, we were probably talking a second rounder. But if he maintains his form of 25+ disposals and 10 marks every game, then yes, his price will be closer to first rounder range come season's end.

His value has increased enormously with his transition into becoming an intercepting defender. Although he's not true KPP material, he's got a wonderful leap, strong hands, good kicking skills and excellent goal sense when he plays forward. Despite Clarko laughing off the stuff with Duryea I'm sure it was taken seriously internally.

The rumour goes that James was part of a handshake deal with Carlton last year, in order to secure the extra draft pick for the O'Meara deal. I think it was actually just misreported, but there you have it.
if the rumor is true I wouldn't think Clarko would have in the team over Heatherly..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the rumor is true I wouldn't think Clarko would have in the team over Heatherly..
Well the main thing is that there's no reason that the deal couldn't have been done last year. It's not like teams aren't able to trade future picks, or like there was any incentive to wait for him to come out of contract. The only possibility is that it was 'too late' to organise the paperwork or some bs like that. Incredibly unlikely.

Well the main thing is that there's no reason that the deal couldn't have been done last year. It's not like teams aren't able to trade future picks, or like there was any incentive to wait for him to come out of contract. The only possibility is that it was 'too late' to organise the paperwork or some bs like that. Incredibly unlikely.

You're right, it is BS, we did the trade because SOS had identified a few players he'd be able to get around the 45-60 mark and needed to accumulate more picks around that range. Nothing to do with Sicily.

I know most opposition fans will laugh me down at this point but I doubt Hawthorn would accept anything less than a late first rounder.

People are finally starting to see how damaging a player he can be after tonights performance. The truth is he's been doing this for the better part of six weeks now.

Someone's getting defensive!

No club wants a little sook who carries on like he's won the GF after every goal and acts like a dick to his own teammates for no reason. You can keep him!
Called passion, you'd be pulling your dick on field if you were given the chance to play AFL who cares if the kids shows a bit of passion, at least it shows he cares.

Someone's getting defensive!

No club wants a little sook who carries on like he's won the GF after every goal and acts like a dick to his own teammates for no reason. You can keep him!

If this is the belief also held by your coach and recruiters it explains why you are so s**t.

Every club would look at finding space for Sicily.

Unless you dont think you need a guy who can play forward and back, take big marks, kick big goals and doesnt miss a beat under stress.

Or do you mean you already have your flog quota filled by Ziebel?

I know most opposition fans will laugh me down at this point but I doubt Hawthorn would accept anything less than a late first rounder.

People are finally starting to see how damaging a player he can be after tonights performance. The truth is he's been doing this for the better part of six weeks now.
That's fair enough imo. You know he is only going to get better and is already showing he's a talent wouldn't surprise me in the least if clubs that are close to a premiership would pay that price.

Totally understand why oppo supporters hate him and he definitely has some campaigner in him but geez he can play football.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I like the fact he has a bit of campaigner in him, looking very comfortable down back too but geez he likes a goal.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the fact he has a bit of campaigner in him, looking very comfortable down back too but geez he likes a goal.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, campaigner, arrogant, cocky or over exuberant confidence all much the same. Aker certainly used to cop it from opposition supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back