Recommitted James Sicily [re-signed for 5 years]

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
To a certain degree... thats the draft. Im sure Carlton thought SPS was going to be a champ when they picked him with P6. All you are really doing is jumping the order to select before others.. but it depnds on who you like and pick..and who others like who they pick. Its too early to tell but right now Holmes at geelong is looking good compared to Holland at GC.

JS will be 28 next year. If you have the list to put you in contention in the next two years.. yep you prefer to keep him. He might be happy no matter what to stay.
?? Holland who missed the whole year with an ACL.

Yeah Holmes AFL career has been better to date but that’s as far as I’d prepared to go at this point.

Also helps playing in a midfield with danger, Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie etc..

Yeah Holmes AFL career has been better to date but that’s as far as I’d prepared to go at this point.

As much as I'd like to keep touching that nerve this thread is about Sicily.

Hollands looks like he'll be a player but he isn't a free agent defender from Hawthorn

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

All Im saying is that although everyone wants a pick as early as possible , that if you are in rebuild a good kid can be found end of r1. Its uo to Haw if they match any offer ...if he decided to move... and he may be very happy in brown and yella

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As much as I'd like to keep touching that nerve this thread is about Sicily.

Hollands looks like he'll be a player but he isn't a free agent defender from Hawthorn
Yes, props to you for watching suns VFL vs Aspley, Northern Bullants, Sydney etc.. to form an opinion on Hollands. Very dedicated of you.

As you put it, a higher pick doesn’t guarantee a better player. Wil Powell at pick 19 is clearly better than many of the picks in front of him. Your picks at 22/24 that year show it’s a bit of a raffle though. Kelly one of the picks of the draft, Fogarty - not so much. Suns have had some shockers late 1st round over the history.

Hawthorn will have plenty of picks in years to come. Keeping Sicily will be so much more beneficial in numerous ways.

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Show Me The Money GIF by Emmys

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Can't see him leaving Hawthorn. But should be top of the list for the Bulldogs to target. Exact type of player they need

Seriously love him as a player, the Dogs should be offering him a very good deal provided he gets through the rest of the year healthy.
I doubt we can afford him.
Sicily is quality and will get paid accordingly.

Would you guys swap Sicily for Smith???
I highly doubt it. Smith's TOG numbers this year are nuts and it's just a glimpse of what is coming.

If we were to make a big play for a backman and lose players in the process we'd probably look at a bigger KPD type to cover Keath's injuries.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs need to take a risk and you can afford to lose Dunkley. Understand he might just say no anyway but if I were the dogs I’d be going very hard for him.
We need a risk for sure but Sicily is undersized for what we need but Dunkley to get a genuine KPD is not the worst idea

nelk boys

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I highly doubt it. Smith's TOG numbers this year are nuts and it's just a glimpse of what is coming.

If we were to make a big play for a backman and lose players in the process we'd probably look at a bigger KPD type to cover Keath's injuries.
What would you view as a fair trade then, if players were involved?

Back