James Sicily returns from ACL, Captains the club, signs on for life and wins the PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

The level of 'get that crap out of here' attitude in some of his spoils in 1 vs. 1 with Lynch was next level on the weekend. Just smacked the ball away with big punches a few times that sent a real message.

Love watching him when he is on, playing at his full ability, even with guys Lynch's height to cover. He's gliding around out there - that moment where he had complete disregard for the presence of Rioli near the boundary in Q3 was sublime.

Sis out body guys far bigger than him, dance and glide around tackling small forwards, kick laser guided bombs to players with defenders hanging off them on big leads down the ground, and outmark anybody at his best.

Love that he's signed on for life. He took a fair while to get into the team, but man I'm loving what he's been turning out since going back after looking like a streaky forward early on.

The level of 'get that crap out of here' attitude in some of his spoils in 1 vs. 1 with Lynch was next level on the weekend. Just smacked the ball away with big punches a few times that sent a real message.

Love watching him when he is on, playing at his full ability, even with guys Lynch's height to cover. He's gliding around out there - that moment where he had complete disregard for the presence of Rioli near the boundary in Q3 was sublime.

Sis out body guys far bigger than him, dance and glide around tackling small forwards, kick laser guided bombs to players with defenders hanging off them on big leads down the ground, and outmark anybody at his best.

Love that he's signed on for life. He took a fair while to get into the team, but man I'm loving what he's been turning out since going back after looking like a streaky forward early on.
Agree. Some of his spoils for a bloke of his size, on Lynch, were gold.

Best news I have heard in a while 👍

Remember about 5 years ago when there was talk going around we were open to trading the Blonde Prince to Carlton?

How galling would it have been to watch him tear it up wearing the dark, navy blue. Doesn't bear thinking about!

Anyway, he's a star.
I believe the rumour was, as pushed by some Carlton supporters and even some here, was that there was a wink wink future agreement for Sicily to be traded to Carlton for packet of crisps at the end of 2017 as 'thanks' for that late pick swap that helped us land JOM.

Classic Bigfooty junk....

Great endorsement of the club and its direction. Could have held off and tried to create a bidding war but must believe in what we have in train.

Add the fact that none of the big name senior players were keen to move in the off season and it seems to point to a strong culture and strong belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought i would never see a player as good as Chris Mew at reading the flight of the ball. I was wrong. Sic is an absolute phenomenon
Great at using his body too, never seen a bloke frequently giving away 5-10cm and 10+kg to his opponent able to position himself and protect the drop of the ball as well as Sic.

All Australian surely. Barring injury.
Barring injury, he would have had 3-4 AA guernseys already. Bloke has had terrible luck with late season injuries unfortunately.

Knock on wood, not this year!

I thought i would never see a player as good as Chris Mew at reading the flight of the ball. I was wrong. Sic is an absolute phenomenon
I’d throw Lake into the mix as great at reading the ball in flight.

I love how often Sic matches up on taller and heavier opponents and makes them look silly with his marking!

Great at using his body too, never seen a bloke frequently giving away 5-10cm and 10+kg to his opponent able to position himself and protect the drop of the ball as well as Sic.
It's his subtle hip movments at the last moment that put his opponent out of the contest.
Just a joy to watch, other tricks are getting his feet/legs in a position where he can't be knocked off the ball.

Not that we want to knock him but when will he learn to hand ball?

I think he has come back from his latest knee reco noticeably stronger in the upper body as well.

He's a pretty big unit across the shoulders and chest now, I think he would be one of the strongest players pound for pound on our list now.

But yes his body positioning is absolutely a joy to watch. I hope he is teaching DGB all his tricks although like Brian Lake I always though the ability to read the flight of the ball was more of an inate skill you are born with rather than a learnt one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back