James Sicily returns from ACL, Captains the club, signs on for life and wins the PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20220419_090838.png

The James Sicily FB page is pure gold šŸ˜…

View attachment 1377778

The James Sicily FB page is pure gold šŸ˜…
I like to think that while it's a fan page designed to troll nuffies into thinking it's actually Sicily, that in reality it actually is Sicily who runs this page and then he gets someone else to post his thoughts during games so he has an alibi.

This is excellent news. We need to be moving forward with a new captain who is capable of performing the role for 3-5 years (while playing their best footy), rather than these stop gap end of career options. Unfortunately, that group between McEvoy and Sicily in age have proven to be pretty poor or ineffective leaders, so this is a positive step.

Thatā€™s great, maybe thatā€™s why he was off last week with contract talks and planning and just wanted to put it behind him?
Sicily: "Can I be Captain?"
Hawks: Slides contract across the desk. "Of course you can" ;)

6e0qy3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watching this made me think about how some people have seen his attitude as somewhat lackadaisical at times this year, and id say it's probably related to his maturation and trying to keep an analytical cool-head to lead the rest of the defenders

seems to be a completely different bloke to pre-ACL (and was a completely different bloke in 2020 to what he was in 2018)

Umpires torched him, while all commentators could see was Hot Head Sicily.

A lot of his rep was unfair.

Absolutely. The Selwood thingā€¦criminal

And the time they said he lost it mouthing off at duryea. Heā€™d only just got a sherrin full on in the nose straight off a boot

Far and away the worst incident was that junk player from Carlton Jed Lamb, just continually harassing Sic, pushing him, hitting him to the point where heā€™s retaliated and then all the commentators could talk about was what a hothead Sicily was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back