Universal Love James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

illnino

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
Closeburn, QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd love to be first in line to admit I didn't think this kid had what it takes to make it in the modern era. I'd also like to be first in line to admit that I was wrong.

Still needs to work on his versatility which is such an important factor at Hawthorn and the main reason I've doubted him, but by geez, this kid is a star in the making from a purely traditional forward point of view... surely?

Ps. I can't help but scream out "Sissy!" when he gets involved. Probably not the nickname he deserves :oops:

Plenty of development left in him, but we've seen clearly what he has to offer these last two weeks. And today he didn't fail to take a shot when he should have a single time. Clutch goals, strong marks. We've really got something here. I haven't seen too many other matches this week but you'd have to say he's a good chance to get the rising star nom. Though whether or not he does I'm not fussed because he got something far more important which is 4 Premiership Points for Hawthorn.

Could easily have been dropped after the cats game...k
See I don't get this and posters calling for his head after that - Breust did turtle impersonations again tonight when going for a mark after 118 games of footy and nobody is calling for his head.

I just wish Sicily had been given the number 35 - the freaks old number, who he reminds me of.

I will expand on what I said in the other forums about Sicily reminding me of Peter Curran in the air. Dermott says Curran was the bravest aerialist he ever saw.

Sicily last week and today went for his marks across the front of packs and from behind. Beautiful kicking action.

Early days in his career, and a
Couple of weeks ago (2 games into it) people on Big Footy were calling for his head. He has massive improvement still to come. I always remind people that in his first 50 games Chris Langford was a whipping boy for many - how did that turn out.....

Good on you Sicily. Let's hope we watch him have a great career.

He was pretty awful in week 1 and it's not like he had the runs on the board, there wouldn't have been calls for him to be dropped though if Hardwick hadn't been very good in the preseason. Just be glad we have one for the future, rapt with this kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved it when he kicked the winner just so could turn around and hang it on the whinging doggy supporter all game. "That's a 3,000 kick and a goal. A tenth of that spud you have at the other end of the ground." Tall between his legs he just shut up.

I love Sicily. He prepares his hands yo mark much like Kernahan did back in the 80/90. He is only going to get better

sizzle's last two weeks has been nothing short but sizzing......hes got great hands....a decent kick...and ice man veins.....can only get better......when roughie comes back will be interesting who will miss out.......

This kid is bucking the trend of what key forwards are supposed to be. He is 6ft2 not 6ft5, he is brilliant on the lead and in contested marking duels, he wins these by pure grunt and hard work rather than natural athleticism. He is rangy and gangly, not overly heavy but somewhat one dimensional yet he is absolutely a key foreward and plays that role beautifully ( based on his last fortnight ).

Plenty to come from him, it's going to be even scarier when Ruff is back, he could really get of the chain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back