Universal Love James Sicily

Certainly not a one trick pony. Nick Holland was a one trick pony, good pair of hands but that's about it. Sicily has many tricks to his bow. And for a bloke playing in what amounts to his first full season, has been a revelation.
Posters on here can be waaay to critical at times.
"Nick Holland was a one trick pony, good pair of hands but that's about it"
"Posters on here can be waaay to critical at times"

Hmmm..
200w.gif

Kicked the most goals during the season from outside 50 on a couple of occasions I believe
Also knew how to negotiate a contract:D

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
amazing, he gets nominated for the rising star (out of calculations due to suspension), and is arguably the best forward on exposed form of any young player in the league, but cant get a look in in the 22 under 22 team...

upload_2016-9-15_11-46-0.png

Should definitely be on the ground ahead of Petracca who has kicked 12 goals in 17 games.

Sep 22, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His reputation precedes him. Those horrible umpiring decisions where partly made because of what the umps know about Sicily and what they're looking for.

Unfair.

agree - i actually think he handled it pretty well, given the outrageous nature of the decisions...
seems public opinion is in agreeance too, that he was incredibly harshly done by

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As in, the stuff he's already had free kicks and 50m penalties paid against him for?

Correct, in umpires mind Sicily is a hot head. Sees the niggle and immediately blames Sicily for the indiscretion.

If you want to see how his team mates feel about him, look who is lurking in the background, none other then the captain.
Did Stratton have fear it would go to far? He didn't seem to be in a rush to pull Sicily away.

Apr 29, 2007
Clyde North
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
boxing, cricket
The Sicilian is the great white hope. We need his charismatic and flare in the game and the only ones that don’t like it are the other great men in white/yellow/pink or what ever color they wear these days.!!!!!

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is a marked man by the umpires and I for one hope the Hawks ask for a "Please explain" from the ******* AFL.
He does get some gob-smackingly bad calls against him. And even those suspensions from last year were a bit dodgy, I doubt either of them were worth more than a fine (for goodness sake Duckwood was the one who pulled Sic down on top of the campaigner).
I hope Sicily never changes, those gooses in the media can GAGF one and all of them!

Back