Universal Love James Sicily

If he's given the same treatment by opposition players and is deliberately being targeted by the umpires, then Clarkson might have to pull the trigger and play him up forward to take the burden off his shoulders for a bit.

If he's given the same treatment by opposition players and is deliberately being targeted by the umpires, then Clarkson might have to pull the trigger and play him up forward to take the burden off his shoulders for a bit.
That happened in the Carlton game. From memory, Siss proved ineffective as a forward for that last quarter he was up there.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Sicily is being bullied by umpires, that are making bad calls against him, because he's an easy scape goat and then Sicily has to stand by as opposition beat into him with no calls from the bullying umpire until he reacts and then they punish him for not taking his beating, Clarko should put him forward, its not where he is most productive, but it will free him to smack heads and the frees to not overly effect the game so will free him a little.

OR you can allow the umpires to give scape goat frees against him and allow the opposition forwards to punch and beat him with no calls from umps because they dont see Sicily as a neutral player, they see him as a hot head that isnt allowed the same rights as other players.

theres some uncomfortable truth for you.

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Lets all agree to never move Sic from defence again. This man is a beast in our backline.

Just look at his KPIs below, incredible. I would have thought his disposal efficiency would be in the elite bracket as well, his ball use is just exquisite even when under pressure and is the key reason we need him down back.

Lets all agree to never move Sic from defence again. This man is a beast in our backline.

Just look at his KPIs below, incredible. I would have thought his disposal efficiency would be in the elite bracket as well, his ball use is just exquisite even when under pressure and is the key reason we need him down back.

View attachment 705227
Best backline mark since Lakey.

I think the DE is not elite as he just attempts so many incredible kicks.

I am a little surprised he is above average in the 1%s. Would not have tipped that from his laconic approach, but another indication of what a special player we have on our hands.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I am a little surprised he is above average in the 1%s. Would not have tipped that from his laconic approach, but another indication of what a special player we have on our hands.
Sicily is desperate in defence. His competitive nature is perfectly suited to the tooth and nail stuff of the back-line.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

View attachment 705227
When Leigh Matthews suggested moving him forward at 3/4 time on Friday i wanted to reach through my t.v and slap him silly.

When Leigh Matthews suggested moving him forward at 3/4 time on Friday i wanted to reach through my t.v and slap him silly.

Crazy, especially with a perfectly good TOB in the backline. I knew we'd mix something up but at the same time I knew it was going to be Timmy.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Would love to know his metres gained. He rarely goes sideways. He is the one we want clearing the ball from the back 50.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It'll be him and Scrimshaw in the future mate.

Scrimmers has the left boot worth weaponizing, and sicily already has the weaponized right.
If O’Brien can clean up a little (actually a beautiful kick) we will have Sicily, Hardwick, Impey, scrimshaw and O’Brien who are all mobile, good overhead and very skilled by foot. Has the makings of a very attacking defence. Just need the mids and forwards to kick to.

amofootyfan

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey Brishawk Of those 5 mentioned, what is the average age? Would it be around 22-23? I can see the making of our next finals backline with those 5. ToB is finally starting to feel at home at this level, Scrim was really impressing me before his injury and we all know what Impey, Sis and Hardwick give us. I also think Frawley has another couple of years to play on the big dudes. Excited by backline development which as we all know sets up everything else

Hey Brishawk Of those 5 mentioned, what is the average age? Would it be around 22-23? I can see the making of our next finals backline with those 5. ToB is finally starting to feel at home at this level, Scrim was really impressing me before his injury and we all know what Impey, Sis and Hardwick give us. I also think Frawley has another couple of years to play on the big dudes. Excited by backline development which as we all know sets up everything else

Sicily: 24
Impey: 23
Scrimshaw: 20
Hardwick: 22
O'Brien: 25

We also have some genuinely promising youngsters in Greaves and Jiath who could very well make their mark too.

Greaves is every bit a young stratton, and Jiath is an athletic weapon.

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Statistically, Sicily's transformation into an elite backman was only completed last year.

There's natural improvement to come from him, and all of the names Rogie posted above. It's not just that we're going to get a lot of games from all of them, as it is that they will all grow up as players at the same time, and influence each other's development and effectiveness as rebounders.

Going to be something else to watch what might happen if we nail a replacement for Frawley, who leans more towards the Lake end of the KPD talent pool.

But back on Sicily, he's arguably been the absolute best player we've drafted from a late pick, and near the best on how much development he's had (from a bits and pieces type forward to absolute elite player who would have gotten games in our flag years) that I can think of since Clarko arrived.

Back