Universal Love James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Statistically, Sicily's transformation into an elite backman was only completed last year.

There's natural improvement to come from him, and all of the names Rogie posted above. It's not just that we're going to get a lot of games from all of them, as it is that they will all grow up as players at the same time, and influence each other's development and effectiveness as rebounders.

Going to be something else to watch what might happen if we nail a replacement for Frawley, who leans more towards the Lake end of the KPD talent pool.

But back on Sicily, he's arguably been the absolute best player we've drafted from a late pick, and near the best on how much development he's had (from a bits and pieces type forward to absolute elite player who would have gotten games in our flag years) that I can think of since Clarko arrived.
That's Kosi, I am a huge fan of that kid

Sicily: 24
Impey: 23
Scrimshaw: 20
Hardwick: 22
O'Brien: 25

We also have some genuinely promising youngsters in Greaves and Jiath who could very well make their mark too.

Greaves is every bit a young stratton, and Jiath is an athletic weapon.
So in 2-3 years this defensive unit should be in its prime. Thats huge. Allowing our recruiting to focus on mids and forwards

I reckon Sic has Suckling covered at the moment when it comes to kicking. Even though he is a great kick Suckers can butcher them at times when it comes of his boot wrong.
Simon. I still rate Suckers better, its like a work of art or poetry, and yes, it can go bad, but by god, most times its just beautiful to watch. Sis prob more consistent.

Simon. I still rate Suckers better, its like a work of art or poetry, and yes, it can go bad, but by god, most times its just beautiful to watch. Sis prob more consistent.
Nobody can match Sucklings best kicks. In my opinion he can pull of kicks that no other player has ever been able to do, low fast, long perfectly timed and accurate. Some players with average kicking skills still get the ball going in the general direction of the target when they miss kick, when suckling miskicks it could go anywhere. You will either get a laser or on rare occasion a dribble.

Whereas someone like Birchall you get a neat kick that hits the target every time but rarely if ever get a line breaking laser or a dud kick.

Nobody can match Sucklings best kicks. In my opinion he can pull of kicks that no other player has ever been able to do, low fast, long perfectly timed and accurate. Some players with average kicking skills still get the ball going in the general direction of the target when they miss kick, when suckling miskicks it could go anywhere. You will either get a laser or on rare occasion a dribble.

Whereas someone like Birchall you get a neat kick that hits the target every time but rarely if ever get a line breaking laser or a dud kick.

Man people forget how good Suckers was for us for 11,12,14 and 15. There's a reason Clarko selected him for every game he was available in that period. Absolute weapon watching him tear teams zones apart across half back. Miss those days.

Id argue Guerra.

Perhaps not the range of suckers but guerra hit them everytime. unbelievable kick

Id argue Guerra.

Perhaps not the range of suckers but guerra hit them everytime. unbelievable kick
Goo missed his fair share of kicks too, he just never stopped pulling the trigger.
Sicily misses plenty but has that same ability to take the risky option again next chance and make it.

Hate turning this into a "who's better at..." exercise between Hawks but I've got Sicily a fair margin ahead of Suckling tbh. Suckling has an absolute razor like boot, but the whole process of getting it done was so slow. Under any pressure it was just as likely to go skidding across the ground. Sicily can get that quality without the wind up.

Sicily and Hurn are the two best boots in the game at the moment, with young Short from Richmond closing in. You can tell by the sound the ball makes as it comes off their boot. It's completely different to the average player.

I reckon Sic has Suckling covered at the moment when it comes to kicking. Even though he is a great kick Suckers can butcher them at times when it comes of his boot wrong.

Suckling goes for the kicks noone else would consider. When they go off the team scores.

Exactly what you want from an attacking defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate turning this into a "who's better at..." exercise between Hawks but I've got Sicily a fair margin ahead of Suckling tbh. Suckling has an absolute razor like boot, but the whole process of getting it done was so slow. Under any pressure it was just as likely to go skidding across the ground. Sicily can get that quality without the wind up.

Sicily and Hurn are the two best boots in the game at the moment, with young Short from Richmond closing in. You can tell by the sound the ball makes as it comes off their boot. It's completely different to the average player.
Something Sic is great at is booting the absolute living hell out of the ball of only one step. I have never seen anyone ablebto roost it like he can in that way.

He'd been waiting for one of these. Teams very wise to it this year so he hasn't had his chances.

The boy can belt a bloody football. When you're at the game and you hear it come off the boot it's so bloody loud.

Also - funny how that was literally the most confident I was with someone lining up for goal.

Scis had a very good year, however I think moving him forward messed with his confidence a little. Was still good after that, but a little more inconsistent. Lesson, leave him back as 3rd up for the rest of his career and he will dominate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on making the 2019 All-Australian squad.

fbb9763270520c4b909b05ac8484c9d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back