Draft Profile James Stewart

Underage Kid from Sandringham Dragons who could be a Father/Son to Collingwood.

Is rated for next years Draft at the moment as a Possible 1st Round Pick.

Was wondering what the TAC Cup Watchers Think of him?

Saw him last year and have kept an eye on his progress. Will be a very good player. Still growing into his frame. Excellent kick and ball handler. First Rounder for sure. Pies have a beauty.

Thanks Mate. Sounds Very Promising.

Is he in the Vic Metro U-18 Side for this year?

WestCoastWizkid

Debutant
Jan 4, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Underage Kid from Sandringham Dragons who could be a Father/Son to Collingwood.

Is rated for next years Draft at the moment as a Possible 1st Round Pick.

Was wondering what the TAC Cup Watchers Think of him?

In my opinion he needs lots of improving in the skills area for Collingwood to consider him. Yes he is tall and still growing, but have reservations about his skill level! A project player for sure........

In my opinion he needs lots of improving in the skills area for Collingwood to consider him. Yes he is tall and still growing, but have reservations about his skill level! A project player for sure........

Well he is an Under-Age kid so he has another 2 Seasons to Improve.

What worry you the most but what excites you the most about Stewart?

NC23

Senior List
Jul 10, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Sublime skills for a KPP - dual sided (which we've seen from Michael Hurley is a real asset). Good set of hands on him, but built like a beanpole.

Will be a monster when he adds the mass..

Good bloke; good attitude

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
For the watchers out there, there is talk on the Pies board about the possibility of Collingwood cutting a deal with GWS that will give them our first round pick of this year 2011 or involve him in some sort of trade in order to claim young Steward 12 months in advance so my question is, if Collingwood decide to roll the dice and try and claim him in the 2012 draft, as opposed to the above scenario, at this stage, what are the chances of another club "bidding" for his services in 2012 under the new F/S rules?

Very good prospect and Collingwood lucky to have him F/S. As mentioned above, very good set of hands and kicks well on both. Good at ground level for his size aswell. Metro U18 will be hard as he's just turned 17 and is still pretty skinny, but definitely could be in contention for selection. In regards to the bidding, I think there will be some interest as he's one of the more documented players in the class of 2012 (behind Viney and Daniher) i.e. Quayle has mentioned him a few times.

NJTfootyrokz

Rookie
May 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

WestCoastWizkid, James is absolute freakshow! I'm not sure what games you were watching, but I attended the prestigious Scotch vs MGS game and he was clearly the best player on the field, 32 touches and 13 marks. Went well with his 7 tackles and 8 rebound 50's. If he doesn't go FS he is a clear-cut top 5 draft pick..

WestCoastWizkid, James is absolute freakshow! I'm not sure what games you were watching, but I attended the prestigious Scotch vs MGS game and he was clearly the best player on the field, 32 touches and 13 marks. Went well with his 7 tackles and 8 rebound 50's. If he doesn't go FS he is a clear-cut top 5 draft pick..

Sounds like he a Ripper of a Game there

maxwellSmart27

Draftee
Mar 18, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Looks like he's missed the whole of 2011 beyond April:

James Stewart's Sandringham Dragons matches

Jarrod Witts is another growing kid who has had back problems. I hope it's not a new trend.

1259786_1_M.jpg

The Age, April 15 2011: Clubs strike it rich on early calls

gotassieboys

All Australian
Jul 13, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
James Stewart has been selected for the AIS 2012 squad which speaks volumes of the guys ability.

Apparently almost over a couple of back stress fractures, which is very common in boys who grow quickly.

At around 195cm this kid is going to be in serious contention for a F/S selection in 2012.

Collingwood are most likely to be in the top 4, which means a late 1st round pick.

It makes sense to be smart and lock in a "tall" player via the F/S rule, if the kid is good player like Stewart.:footy:

Back