Draft Profile James Stewart

Remove this Banner Ad

He played against the Chargers in a practice match at Sandy yesterday. Moved quite well and showed his class at times in what was a generally scrappy affair. Figures crossed for the youngster that he can move forward injury free.

Hope So - Be Very Interesting to see how he goes this seasoni

Playing this week against Viney in the APS.

That's good, do you mean Stewart though?? A report would be great. Do you mean against him as in you will be playing on the opposing team, or you will be playing on him as a defender?

Stats from his Game vs Tassie in U-18 Champs:

1006201250020pm.png

I was wondering what the thoughts on Stewart being picked up in the draft this year.

Is Collingwood likely to pick him up in either the draft/rookie? Or would other clubs be interested.

Obviously being in the AIS says something about potential, in addition to being a "tall".

However as was evident last year there is no such thing as a free ride on the back of a name anymore.

I was wondering what the thoughts on Stewart being picked up in the draft this year.

Is Collingwood likely to pick him up in either the draft/rookie? Or would other clubs be interested.

Obviously being in the AIS says something about potential, in addition to being a "tall".

However as was evident last year there is no such thing as a free ride on the back of a name anymore.

He will get picked up, no doubt about that. I've heard there is interest from other clubs, although I wouldn't think anyone would bid more than a 2nd/3rd rounder, based on his TAC Cup games and also u18 championship games.

I really doubt Collingwood would take him if it went up to the first round pick.

Geez Dave, it doesn't say we won't draft him, it says we haven't haven't made a decision yet. We could still gamble that he'll get through undrafted and take him as a FS rookie.

This is probably not the board to ask this so apologies in advance.

Stating the obvious "Stewart" is now in a "Curran" situation where he has to hope another club is willing to pick him on the back of an interrupted and less then stellar year.

Collingwood can get him if available and the other points to consider are:
1. Developing genuine tall KPP
2. Very good stock.
3. AIS graduate.

Which brings me to my question of how many AIS kids do not get drafted each year. The previous 5 years of AIS kids would be interesting.

Last year 2 Tassie boys in the AA squad (McKenzie & Mihocek) failed to even be picked up as a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back