Jamie Cripps

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
There is no guarantee Brown would be happy with the way St Kilda handled this... They obviously valued Lee and Hickey above Brown and when it came to the crunch had chump change left to offer.... Coupled with the fact they were insistent on packaging Cripps with Brown left them with no bargaining power at the end of trade period.

If I was Brown I wouldn't be hanging out to get to the Saints next year.

All the saints have done in this debacle is raise Browns price but I'm sure he will bridge that gap before the year is out with a new contract.
I'll say it again, West Coast had agreed to the deal if we could get Hooker to go the other way

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
There is no guarantee Brown would be happy with the way St Kilda handled this... They obviously valued Lee and Hickey above Brown and when it came to the crunch had chump change left to offer.... Coupled with the fact they were insistent on packaging Cripps with Brown left them with no bargaining power at the end of trade period.

If I was Brown I wouldn't be hanging out to get to the Saints next year.

All the saints have done in this debacle is raise Browns price but I'm sure he will bridge that gap before the year is out with a new contract.

He wouldn't be happy with the way West Coast handled this. St Kilda came to the table to trade, all they got from West Coast was that he was a contracted player - end of story :oops:
Now he will spend the year looking upon a very happy Jamie Cripps with envy and frustration.

I'll say it again, West Coast had agreed to the deal if we could get Hooker to go the other way

According to who?

Your trading staff that couldn't get the deal done despite consistently saying they were close. West coast always said they weren't going to trade brown and it never happened

Further who knows what exchange of draft picks were in play if hooker agreed to go to west coast. Bottom line is you guys couldn't get a deal done and west coast didn't trade a player they always maintained wasn't up for trade

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
According to who?

Your trading staff that couldn't get the deal done despite consistently saying they were close. West coast always said they weren't going to trade brown and it never happened

Further who knows what exchange of draft picks were in play if hooker agreed to go to west coast. Bottom line is you guys couldn't get a deal done and west coast didn't trade a player they always maintained wasn't up for trade
According to Scott Watters.

OUT OF BOUNDS

Debutant
Apr 9, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He wouldn't be happy with the way West Coast handled this. St Kilda came to the table to trade, all they got from West Coast was that he was a contracted player - end of story :oops:
Now he will spend the year looking upon a very happy Jamie Cripps with envy and frustration.

There are 2 ways to look at this but I don't believe Mitch has any right to feel aggrieved by WCE.

We took a stance that would suggest he is valued as a key member of our future.

For a player who openly suggested WA and the Eagles are not the problem the only reasons he considered a move was-

1.Pay increase and
2. Increased game time.

I am sure the Eagles will find more money for him and will provide increased game time, perhaps in a successful year.
If this does not eventuate then I am sure multiple clubs will be interested but I wouldn't guarantee St Kilda would be viwed as his saviour.

Don't forget that 1 month ago he was happy to be in Perth, St Kilda got him interested but ultimately couldn't get the deal over the line. If it were me I would be going to St Kilda and thanking them for boosting his WCE contract.

Pick 13 was never offered!!!! But Lee and Hickey were considered better options!

Move on, draft a KPB, wait 3 years then watch him get poached by another club!

OUT OF BOUNDS

Debutant
Apr 9, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I agree a deal was proposed but bottom line is you offered Mitch everything but couldn't get it done. All the Saints have done is boost his ego and asking price at WCE.

If you think he's buying a Saints membership this year your dreaming!

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I agree a deal was proposed but bottom line is you offered Mitch everything but couldn't get it done. All the Saints have done is boost his ego and asking price at WCE.

If you think he's buying a Saints membership this year your dreaming!
No skin off my nose, I would've been livid if we offered a first rounder

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
West Coast's choices (assuming we'll get Cripps for 44 via trade or draft if we don't trade Brown):

Brown, 41, Cripps and 61
or
25, Cripps, 41 and 44

So it's either:
Brown and 61
or
25 and 44

I'd probably prefer to keep Brown, losing him could be the difference between winning the 2013 flag or not. Too big of a risk IMO.

I would accept the offer if Eagles had another decent KPD on their list.

Liam Pickering just said on Sen that this deal was set to go on Thursday night but Hooker wanted to stay at Essendon

Hooker (3 year contract) to WCE and Cripps , Saints get Brown , Dons get Picks 25 & 26

DarrenR

Debutant
May 22, 2008
North Balwyn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Impossible to say whether we have lost or won in the trading period. I do think our recruiters know more than stray gloating slobs on here. Still too early to gloating by other teams supporters. I wouldn't wave lynch around as a golden recruit. We went for three trades and got two. Can't help Goddard was greedy. Perhaps like Buckley he went for premierships and will get none at essendon.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
How do Saints fans feel about losing on every trade deal?
Not to say that some trades won't work out well in the end but I think they either paid overs or got unders on every deal.

Im sure there more than happy with a ten year ruckman and a 10 year key forward. Kevin Sheahan the draft guru rated Lee between 6-11 and Emma Quale rated Hickey the equal of Grundy. But hey there not 18 there 21 so there finished right.:rolleyes: On theother hand could have offered large contracts to unwanted players like Q Lynch and Young who there old clubs won't miss. But in the end it only keeps the nuffy supporters happy as they recognise a player in name only.

livnixon9

All Australian
Suspended
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't believe St. Kilda were willing to give Pick 25 & Pick 26 to Essendon so they could move Hooker to WC.

DarrenR

Debutant
May 22, 2008
North Balwyn
AFL Club
St Kilda
The funny thing is that west coasters said we would never get brown, that you shouldn't lure a contracted player and the deal failed because hooker , a contracted player had no interest in playing for west coast.

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
The funny thing is that west coasters said we would never get brown, that you shouldn't lure a contracted player and the deal failed because hooker , a contracted player had no interest in playing for west coast.
Yeah, that's hilarious!:rolleyes:
I seriously doubt anybody but the Saints are upset this deal didn't happen.

DarrenR

Debutant
May 22, 2008
North Balwyn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Cant say I'm disappointed but talk about hypocrisy. We have been lectured on big footy by armchair recruiters about their opinion of our list and the benefits of grooming full backs and the pain of having them poached. You tried to do the same thing and failed.

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Im sure there more than happy with a ten year ruckman and a 10 year key forward. Kevin Sheahan the draft guru rated Lee between 6-11 and Emma Quale rated Hickey the equal of Grundy. But hey there not 18 there 21 so there finished right.:rolleyes: On theother hand could have offered large contracts to unwanted players like Q Lynch and Young who there old clubs won't miss. But in the end it only keeps the nuffy supporters happy as they recognise a player in name only.

Lol!

Only you and Hump17 believe that.

Saints had the worst trade period ever.
Worse than gifting Ball for nothing and missing Wellingham and pick 30

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Lol!

Only you and Hump17 believe that.

Saints had the worst trade period ever.
Worse than gifting Ball for nothing and missing Wellingham and pick 30

Yes, nearly as bad as losing a young star like Wellingham, picking up a 30 year old reject from WC and relieving Carlton of Jordan Russell :eek:

Oh Darling

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2011
Jack Darling's Tent
AFL Club
West Coast
Cant say I'm disappointed but talk about hypocrisy. We have been lectured on big footy by armchair recruiters about their opinion of our list and the benefits of grooming full backs and the pain of having them poached. You tried to do the same thing and failed.

Hang on a sec... let me get my fail calculator out.

West Coast still have a young key position backman.
Essendon still have a young key position backman.
St Kilda have........ nothing (And lost a promising mid in return for receiving painful anal sex from the West Coast recruiter)

Oh yeah... I see why we are the disappointed ones.

HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA HAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DarrenR

Debutant
May 22, 2008
North Balwyn
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think we can recruit a full back. Check ur calculator next year when brown hits the draft and cripps wasn't much. No great loss. I think the fact that u spent twenty minutes typing ha is pretty sad.

Oh Darling

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2011
Jack Darling's Tent
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we can recruit a full back. Check ur calculator next year when brown hits the draft and cripps wasn't much. No great loss. I think the fact that u spent twenty minutes typing ha is pretty sad.

If you could so easily recruit a full back you wouldn't have tried to sell the house to get Mitch Brown! hahahahhahaahahahah St Failure

DarrenR

Debutant
May 22, 2008
North Balwyn
AFL Club
St Kilda
I agree we went too hard. We should never have considered paying so much for brown. Oh and he wanted to comeand you agreed. It fell over because Hooker didn't want you. So YOU failed.
We didn't trade for a FB but 2013 hasn't started and there are other avenues. Don't gloat too soon

Back