Jamie Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

the saints spend the whole trade period dreaming about getting a contracted player that they were told was not on the trade and their fans then bitch that they got screwed.
This, they spend a couple of weeks putting media pressure on West Coast and target a contracted and required player who was happy at the club and was constantly being told he wasn't for sale and then for some reason expect some goodwill when it comes to other trades... :rolleyes:

as much as some saints fans will complain, taking what you can get and not petulantly throwing a young player into the draft is actually the professional thing to do.

its disappointing, but its the system.

Well done to the Saints for letting Cripps get to where he wanted to go. I reckon we will do the same with Brown. I think a second round pick (30-35) next year could be fair considering the circumstances if Brown still wants to go to the saints.

So you guys are going to be prepared to take a pick in the 40's for Brown next year with a smile on your face after you turned down a lot better this year.

Umm, no.

So you guys are going to be prepared to take a pick in the 40's for Brown next year with a smile on your face after you turned down a lot better this year.

Umm, no.
It looks a better option then risking having no key defender backup.

Additionally, there may still be a chance he stays should Glass retire. He's more then happy at the club - he was just offered a contract too good to refuse.

Umm, no.
If he hasnt forced his way into starting 22 by years end , then maybe yeah , otherwise i expect him to sign an extension before year is out.

Umm, no.

Not a pick in the 40s. Because Brown is worth more than Cripps.

But I think a pick in the low 30s would be ok if Brown wants to go and says he will only consider the saints.

yeah we are the new collingwood :rolleyes:.

the saints spend the whole trade period dreaming about getting a contracted player that they were told was not on the trade and their fans then bitch that they got screwed. you want to know screwed? go talk to an adelaide fan.

Dont blame Collingwood. You didn't NEED to draft Wellingham ( screwing yourself in the process ).
Fair enough you didnt want to trade Brown. We didn't get Brown. But in fact you wanted our 2010 first round draft pick for SFA. Why do you think it took so long. The Saints were seriously considering letting him go in the draft because you were offering s**t.

Umm, no.
alot of things have to go against us for that to happen, the most likely thing to happen is he will go for something similar to what was offered this year. it was a pretty fair offer for an uncontracted player

and whatever happens, we now have another year to draft, develop or trade in a KPD replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the Saints for letting Cripps get to where he wanted to go. I reckon we will do the same with Brown. I think a second round pick (30-35) next year could be fair considering the circumstances if Brown still wants to go to the saints.

What if the Saints offer a pick in the 40's or say they'll pick him up for the draft. According to most WCE posters, because he is un-contracted, you shouldn't be compensated with what's fair.

Anyway, it's probably unlikely Brown will go to St Kilda next year, 12 months is a long time, and I'm sure something will change and Brown won't end up at the Saints.

What if the Saints offer a pick in the 40's or say they'll pick him up for the draft. According to most WCE posters, because he is un-contracted, you shouldn't be compensated with what's fair.

Anyway, it's probably unlikely Brown will go to St Kilda next year, 12 months is a long time, and I'm sure something will change and Brown won't end up at the Saints.

I expect at least Melbourne and the Bulldogs to finish below the Saints next year. Both imo would be very interested in picking up Brown for free. You'll need to do a trade

If the saints did that I'd say that would be worse than what we did, because I think Brown is worth more than Cripps. If you offered a pick in the low 30s and said "take it or we'll draft him", then that would be fair enough IMO, and it would be equivalent to pick 41 and the slight upgrade you got from us for Cripps. It wouldn't be fair, but it would be equally unfair as the Cripps trade.

Wrong context. I was refering to the fact that saints supports were saying the same thing after the ball trade went sour.

In some ways its easier to stomach when its a player like Ball who can negotiate vie pay and has actually given a bit back to the club since he was drafted.
A 2 year player doing it is a bit like being beaten up by your 13 year old niece.

In some ways its easier to stomach when its a player like Ball who can negotiate vie pay and has actually given a bit back to the club since he was drafted.
A 2 year player doing it is a bit like being beaten up by your 13 year old niece.
Oh for Christ sake get over it. Cripps is no more a proven player than Stevens and we got pick 44 for him because he wanted to go home, Cripps was the same and you got about the same deal if not a bit betterWhat you offered for Brown was fair but West Coast wanted to keep him. If the boot was on the other foot and we chased one of your contracted players you would have done exacrly the same thing.

Oh for Christ sake get over it. Cripps is no more a proven player than Stevens and we got pick 44 for him because he wanted to go home, Cripps was the same and you got about the same deal if not a bit betterWhat you offered for Brown was fair but West Coast wanted to keep him. If the boot was on the other foot and we chased one of your contracted players you would have done exacrly the same thing.

Cripps is more proven than others we have picked up in the draft.
Seb Ross was our first pick last year. Are you telling me he's now worth less than that because he only played one game and is now not proven?
After playing 4 games , then 12 in his first two seasons, Cripps may have been on the cusp of the best 22 for us next season. I'm not convinced that Stevens was improving that much in his three years.

I like the fact that St Kilda have run their list down to the point they don't have a genuine KPD and now it's the Eagles' fault for not coughing up a contracted player.

As for Cripps, we paid the same as what we got for Stevens in exactly the same scenario.

I am cracking up laughing at St Kilda trying to stare us down and steal a CONTRACTED key position player by offering only Cripps and some rubbish draft pick..... and then at the end of the day admitted they were being morons.... so just bent over and took it straight up the clacker anyway and gave us Cripps for virtually nothing. :D

Thank you Saints. Seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back