Bumped Jamie Elliott can become elite

Remove this Banner Ad

AA form? I think so atm.

Would have to be an AA forward pocket if the team was picked on round 1-6.

I think he will go close to All Australian this year.
He looked good early last year and his form dropped off. Hopefully he can maintain it for longer this season.
He has been probably one of the best small forward in the comp so far this season

He looked good early last year and his form dropped off. Hopefully he can maintain it for longer this season.
He has been probably one of the best small forward in the comp so far this season

Yeah, it's just about getting enough pre-seasons under the belt so that he can play out an entire season. Particularly because he's also more of a marking forward, his performances will also go hand-in-hand with our i50 delivery, not unlike Cloke, which means fluctuations in the performance of our midfielders will more greatly affect him than other small forwards.

We need to decide.
Elliot or Adams.
I don't like twins playing in the same side.......
I think you mean Josh Thomas.

You're confused about who you're confused about.

Jamie elliot is insane, easily the best small forward this season so far. Hes up there with lindsay thomas, betts and wingard. If i had to choose id pick him out of the 4.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie elliot is insane, easily the best small forward this season so far. Hes up there with lindsay thomas, betts and wingard. If i had to choose id pick him out of the 4.
Thanks for bringing this up! Let me compare his stats to those 3, plus a few others who people widely consider as the best small forwards in the game. We've got a real gem on our hands here, and he's only in his third season. Per game this season, Jamie Elliott averages:
- 16.3 disposals
- 2.3 goals
- 3.1 tackles

Luke Breust:
- 17.6 disposals
- 2.8 goals
- 2.1 tackles

Cyril Rioli: (5 games)
- 14.8 disposals
- 2.2 goals
- 3.2 tackles

Hayden Ballantyne: (5 games)
- 13.4 disposals
- 1.4 goals
- 1.6 tackles

Lindsay Thomas:
- 9.6 disposals
- 1.8 goals
- 3.5 tackles

Eddie Betts:
- 11.6 disposals
- 1.8 goals
- 3.1 tackles

Chad Wingard: (5 games)
- 15.8 disposals
- 2.0 goals
- 3.4 tackles

In summary, Jamie's stats during the first 6 games of 2014 are up there, if not better than some of the most hyped players in the game (Wingard and Rioli in particular). Wingard and Elliott have played almost the exact same amount of games (43, 41) and kicked almost the exact same amount of goals (52, 50), yet it seems Wingard is getting much more recognition. He is well and truly capable of becoming elite and I can't wait to see him get the recognition he so richly deserves. But for now, I'm happy for opposition clubs to allow him to roam free, because he will start to consistently cut teams up and do damage on the scoreboard. Go Billy boy!

Add Robbie Gray to that list, he's been awesome so far IMO.

Per game for Gray: 21 disposals, 2 goals & 2.2 tackles.
Even still, Jamie's stats are right up there with the best of them!

Even still, Jamie's stats are right up there with the best of them!

Absolutely no doubt there. He's actually been playing all over the ground recently too which is encouraging. He's not actually a great crumber so his future as a small forward might be rotational. The other day he had 3 rebound 50s to go with his 4 inside 50s but also a career high 3 clearances. The week before he had a career high 24 disposals. It's been a great education process for Jamie recently and for that I tip my hat to Bucks & co.

Absolutely no doubt there. He's actually been playing all over the ground recently too which is encouraging. He's not actually a great crumber so his future as a small forward might be rotational. The other day he had 3 rebound 50s to go with his 4 inside 50s but also a career high 3 clearances. The week before he had a career high 24 disposals. It's been a great education process for Jamie recently and for that I tip my hat to Bucks & co.
Spot on. The great Gary Ablett jnr started off forward too haha.

You're right, his crumbing isn't that great, but what he lacks there, he makes up for in aerial ability. I'm really happy to see him around the ground, because I trust his kicking and I think he has so much more to offer than just being a stay at home forward pocket. In my eyes, guys like Ballantyne, Lindsay Thomas, Eddie Betts don't possess the traits necessary to play on the ball.

He can be.

Not there yet obviously. He's getting better and better each season and I'm enjoying Buckley expading the horizons of so many players. Steel back, Elliott back/middle, Sinclair back, Reid forward, Harry middle, Keefe everywhere, Fasolo back/middle.

It's good to see him giving such a large number of players a different perspective on the game in an attempt to make them more rounded players.

He can be.

Not there yet obviously. He's getting better and better each season and I'm enjoying Buckley expading the horizons of so many players. Steel back, Elliott back/middle, Sinclair back, Reid forward, Harry middle, Keefe everywhere, Fasolo back/middle.

It's good to see him giving such a large number of players a different perspective on the game in an attempt to make them more rounded players.
Soon we will have 22 Nathan Buckleys running around out there and it will be smooth sailing from then on in.

He can be.

It's bloody helpful in finals series to have players capable of playing well in more than one position, makes it so much less likely that an injury in a critical position can see us crashing out of the game - and injuries in cutthroat finals are all too common - I take it no one needs to be reminded of Reid going down in a GF???

Soon we will have 22 Nathan Buckleys running around out there and it will be smooth sailing from then on in.

You may joke (are you?) but don't forget, Nathan Buckley could not only play every position on the ground (bar ruck), but he could play them WELL.

He was the original attacking "quarterback" half back flanker. One of the best mids of his generation, could kick a bag of goals at full forward (and did so on many occasions), but even got sent back once to play cnetre half back on Wayne Carey and KICKED HIS ASS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back