Injury Jamie Elliott leaves training on crutches

Remove this Banner Ad

Tin hat comments are directed at those who think his back has gone and the club is covering up. More likely scenario is that our 'high performance' team is just shite or the injury was misdiagnosed, neither of which I've ever argued about.

It's quite startling really when you consider his ankle injury, which the initial talk out of the club was a few training sessions, is going to see him on the sidelines for longer than a guy that had glandular fever (Heeney).

Have you sold enough tin hats to retire yet?
Nearly. I have a deluxe version I designed especially for you available for a bargain 6 installments of $99.95.

Guaranteed to prevent the club from reading your thoughts.

So its hardly going to get any better if every time he trains he leaves on crutches FFS!

Pass the tin hat around and by the man a palanquin!

Nearly. I have a deluxe version I designed especially for you available for a bargain 6 installments of $99.95.

Guaranteed to prevent the club from reading your thoughts.

Does it have wifi?

Wow. Reading the thread on your board during the preseason it seemed like he'd be cherry ripe to play by now. By the way you're talking he's going to be in the system for 4 years with no debut. That's horrific.
He's stuffed. Even if he eventually gets on the park, burst speed is the main weapon to his game. Without that he'll be an injury-prone plodder with average disposal and below average ability to read the play.

We should have picked Merrett.

Anyway, can't wait for Jamie to come back!
All this club lying stuff is annoying but to be honest, it made me feel a lot more relaxed knowing that for each of the past 5 weeks he's only been one week away!

Elliot needs a month in the VFL, been out a long time the boy just needs to be eased into it.
I think 2 VFL games will do it.
Just needs to build some fitness.
He won't spend anytime on the ball, so can get up to standard (for forward) very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witt's webbing getting infected due to lack of Savlon cream basically killed his season and career at our club. He's at Gold Coast now because of it. He was our first choice ruck when that happened. As for Langdon, yeah that takes some doing when you are limited to the exercise bikes. Slipped in the bath ? or perhaps the club went for a variation from the "quad" injury excuse?

Any thoughts on Will's quad injury Sco?
Ehh whilst it didn't help Witts, Grundy being a much better ruckman is the reason he's not at Collingwood.

Call me an old conservative, but I reckon Jamie is doing well even to be training/running after his back operation. I would have been rapt if he miraculously was available for Round 1 but I was really expecting Round 12-13 before we got to see him back in the forward line.

The wait sucks, but the good things are worth waiting for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back