Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed with Collingwood for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Elliott would stay at the Pies if they gave him a 3 year deal, but they aren't, so this is why he is off to BrisVegas.

The Kid wanted to stay at Collingwood, but obviously wanted a longer deal for security.

Can see both sides of the argument here, but if I was the Pies, I would have run the slight risk of giving him that third year, but I guess Collingwood rightfully are trying to kick away Grundy and De Goey on long term deals.

It's really sad for footy (especially for child fans) that the football industry has come to this.

Elliott would stay at the Pies if they gave him a 3 year deal, but they aren't, so this is why he is off to BrisVegas.

The Kid wanted to stay at Collingwood, but obviously wanted a longer deal for security.

Can see both sides of the argument here, but if I was the Pies, I would have run the slight risk of giving him that third year, but I guess Collingwood rightfully are trying to kick away Grundy and De Goey on long term deals.

It's really sad for footy (especially for child fans) that the football industry has come to this.
He ain’t gone yet, Pies are fighting hard after meeting him again yesterday, clearly Jamie prefers to remain a Pie. Reckon we will up our offer if the Lions offer him 4 years.

He ain’t gone yet, Pies are fighting hard after meeting him again yesterday, clearly Jamie prefers to remain a Pie. Reckon we will up our offer if the Lions offer him 4 years.

Not sure its the term thats the problem now, Tom Browne was saying lions offering 600+ per year....Pies will go nowhere near that.

If Lions are offering him 600k+ over 3 then he is gone.

Not sure its the term thats the problem now, Tom Browne was saying lions offering 600+ per year....Pies will go nowhere near that.

If Lions are offering him 600k+ over 3 then he is gone.

I'm sure the Pies could use the Second round pick compo, to help get them into the first round....They seem to have cut their losses with Elliott.

Not sure but I’ll have to read the papers to find out, l don’t watch Sunday afternoon games with crowds of 12k.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you are saying that you don’t watch the giants or suns games...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the feeling we are being used to bump his Collingwood offer.. Noble wasn't happy about media catching Fagan, Elliott together so Elliott manager clearly doing his bit to make the pies re-assess their offer. Still don't think we'll get him.

Get the feeling we are being used to bump his Collingwood offer.. Noble wasn't happy about media catching Fagan, Elliott together so Elliott manager clearly doing his bit to make the pies re-assess their offer. Still don't think we'll get him.

Why? He's a free agent and the free agency period is open. Not sure why you would be trying to hide it from the media.

I don’t watch too many Collingwood games. Is Elliott a small forward?

Why? He's a free agent and the free agency period is open. Not sure why you would be trying to hide it from the media.

We have no benefit in parading Elliott around with our coach unless he's signed with us. But it does help his camp to drive the price up with pies and demons.

We have no benefit in parading Elliott around with our coach unless he's signed with us. But it does help his camp to drive the price up with pies and demons.

Apparently Pies upped our offer to $500 x 3, if that is the case I'd be very very confident we'd keep Jamie unless you go way over the top towards $650-700 x 4 edging toward first round compo in any case.

Apparently Pies upped our offer to $500 x 3, if that is the case I'd be very very confident we'd keep Jamie unless you go way over the top towards $650-700 x 4 edging toward first round compo in any case.

You should probably have a disclaimer in there that that info came from Ricky Nixon ;)

Why would the Wobblies offer him this when they have the opportunity to match the offer another club makes

Why would the Wobblies offer him this when they have the opportunity to match the offer another club makes

They only have the option to match if Elliot says if you can't match the Melbourne/Brisbane offers I'm leaving.

He's an unrestricted free agent, once he accepts a deal that's where he's going Collingwood don't get to match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back