Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed with Collingwood for two more years]

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Reported he has just signed a 1 year deal (Trade Radio)

I hope he gets back on the field. I think he is a dynamo, Collingwood could use him alright and I believe they know his value to keep him around.

Nothing worse than potential being wiped out by injury, it takes time to heal, hope he is fine, and good luck to him.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Interesting if true, would have thought a club would offer him 2 years to leave
Also thought he’d struggle for opportunity at pies with a fit JDG, WHE, Stephenson and Thomas already plenty of small/medium forwards

One to watch next year when out of contract again

Elliot is elite! I guess that's the difference. You always keep game winners.

I suspect his demeanor will have recovered, improved?
He could be a super champion.

Stays healthy and plays I can see him having a very good year as he did 2 years ago, he came back from injury to kick 30 goals.

Pies will have no problem paying him what he's worth but needs to play for that to happen.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Stays healthy and plays I can see him having a very good year as he did 2 years ago, he came back from injury to kick 30 goals.

Pies will have no problem paying him what he's worth but needs to play for that to happen.
He's a bit like Menzel in this regard (although I think Elliot is the better player all around). Both extremely capable forwards, capable of 40+ goal seasons, but also have both been heavily restricted by injuries throughout their careers. If Elliot comes good this year, Collingwood's forward line is going to be ******* disgusting.

Elliot, WHE, De Goey, Stephenson, Thomas, Mihocek and Cox.

Reckon you guys could spare a forward for us? ******* Cox was 7th in your goal kicking, but only 1 goal behind our leading goalkicker (Gowers)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Really tricky situation this with Elliot and the 1 year deal he is on this year.

* Plays super well and a free agent he will be demanding really good coin as when he is on he is on fire and 1 of the best small fowards in the league and plays tall so will get decent offers to move.

* Misses games but plays 13-15 games - Again what deal do you give him ? Will he take another 1 year deal or will there be a decent deal that you might need to match $500k etc

* Can his body hold up in the following years after 2019, There will be a lot of thinking to do with Elliot and any club he plays for

Elliot is elite! I guess that's the difference. You always keep game winners.

I suspect his demeanor will have recovered, improved?
He could be a super champion.
the myth of Elliott gets better the longer he goes without playing.

He is a good player who has some great moments. If he is elite, then so is everyother 30 odd goal a year player in the league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University

He is a good player who has some great moments. If he is elite, then so is everyother 30 odd goal a year player in the league

Two goals a game as a small forward is very much in the conversation as elite

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
8 years at an AFL club for only 89 games at 13 possessions 1.6 goals a game

Elite is a very cheap word these days, Would you consider hayden Ballantyne elite

Even at 1.6 goals a game, that places him 28th in the league for average goal kicking for his career.

The only small forwards ahead of him are Walters, Garlett, Betts, Breust & LeCras.

He's ahead of the likes of Wingard, Ballantyne, Fantasia, C.Rioli, C.Cameron, Gresham, Greene etc.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Even at 1.6 goals a game, that places him 28th in the league for average goal kicking for his career.

The only small forwards ahead of him are Walters, Garlett, Betts, Breust & LeCras.

He's ahead of the likes of Wingard, Ballantyne, Fantasia, C.Rioli, C.Cameron, Gresham, Greene etc.
A player that only played 89 games in 8 years cannot be considered elite imo

Ballantyne is at 1.5 goals a game compared to Elliot at 1.6 but over alot more games and plays a variety of roles

To even compare Rioli to Elliot is laughable and FantasiaGresham,and Greene and possibly cameron will all be known after football to be better than Elliot simply because of their durability and level for a lot longer period

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
A player that only played 89 games in 8 years cannot be considered elite imo

Ballantyne is at 1.5 goals a game compared to Elliot at 1.6 but over alot more games and plays a variety of roles

To even compare Rioli to Elliot is laughable and FantasiaGresham,and Greene and possibly cameron will all be known after football to be better than Elliot simply because of their durability and level for a lot longer period

So now it's only the games played being the problem?

Keep changing the goal posts.

He's kicked 30+ goals in 4/5 seasons he's played in.

He's also been on a list for 7 seasons, not 8. He's missed 2 complete seasons from injury.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Reckon you guys could spare a forward for us? ******* Cox was 7th in your goal kicking, but only 1 goal behind our leading goalkicker (Gowers)

Gowers played his first season at AFL level and is 22.
Schache kicked 17 in 13 games and started to look at home kicking 2 or more 4 times in the last 10 games. He's 21.
Boyd is still on 23 and is a better forward than ruck if he gets a decent run of games together.

Dogs will be OK.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gowers played his first season at AFL level and is 22.
Schache kicked 17 in 13 games and started to look at home kicking 2 or more 4 times in the last 10 games. He's 21.
Boyd is still on 23 and is a better forward than ruck if he gets a decent run of games together.

Dogs will be OK.
Yeah Schache and Bowers I'm confident in. Boyd is still having the same back troubles as last year so looks unlikely to play in the early stages of this year. Just would be nice to have some immediate impact haha

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

He has something more , if you have watched a lot of him you'd see it, I found him extremely dangerous when he was on, and that was when fit most times.

But you have a club that goes two years or so without him playing and still believe he has something more than just fill a space going for him, then I think others see what I'm saying, I was always disappointed when he 'd play then he was gone then back again then gone, because I enjoyed his deadly way and he was dangerous .
I'm not a Magpie person but I like good football so maybe I missed some of the stuff you refer to, about him.

He's been offered and extension of a year, yes?
I think along the lines of Grant Birchall at my club, perseverance from him, but also the club has stood behind him too, now I am not sure they have resigned him or he is contracted
The point I am making is , if Birch is already contracted, and he is a champion footballer we know that, well compared to Elliot who you believe is just an average player, well Collingwood actually have signed the paper work in a new year and a new contract situation. They must value him pretty strongly?

Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
We’ve been very patient with Jamie and if he has a very good season this year then hopefully he will repay his faith, just like a number of players at the club he will not demand a massive contract.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
We’ve been very patient with Jamie and if he has a very good season this year then hopefully he will repay his faith, just like a number of players at the club he will not demand a massive contract.
If he goes on the tear, stays healthy and 35-40 goals, you will need to pay somewhere near market value for him after this year I would have thought, especially with him coming into free agency.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
If he goes on the tear, stays healthy and 35-40 goals, you will need to pay somewhere near market value for him after this year I would have thought, especially with him coming into free agency.

Market value won't be that high.

Dan Menzel kicked 100 goals in 50 games the last 3 seasons and was de-listed. Injury history puts clubs off players. Elliott is exciting when he's on but he missed 2016, played 17 games in 2017 then missed 2018. His best is good, but he hasn't done enough to warrant a Wells/Hanebery type deal. He'd be a speculative pick up, kind of like when we gave Xavier Ellis a second chance. No way we get him for nothing at 25 if he isn't physically fragile. Nic Naitanui is much better than Jamie Elliott but what would he realistically be worth if he hadn't re-signed?

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
8 years at an AFL club for only 89 games at 13 possessions 1.6 goals a game

Elite is a very cheap word these days, Would you consider hayden Ballantyne elite

Let’s have a closer look for the sake of slow moving pleb Tiger supporters

First 4 years he played 72 games and averaged over 32 goals a game in one of the toughest positions

Then misses all of 2016 comes back in 2017 and kicks 35 goals from 17 games then misses the next two.

Reckon when he is on the park he is elite, let’s leave it at that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Let’s have a closer look for the sake of slow moving pleb Tiger supporters

First 4 years he played 72 games and averaged over 32 goals a game in one of the toughest positions

Then misses all of 2016 comes back in 2017 and kicks 35 goals from 17 games then misses the next two.

Reckon when he is on the park he is elite, let’s leave it at that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And you are talking about Pleb's

Typical pies supporter fact remains too injury prone and only played 89 games and will be 27 this year

Back