Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

As mentioned, either they deem him as worthy of the risk, and pay his worth based on ability, or they pass because of medical reports. Simple.

Re your other point, very valid, and clubs would be super conscious around carrying too many injury prone players into a season, especially Collingwood, but depending on the medical reports, guys like Elliott and Wells are high risk, high reward types who pay massive dividends if they stay fit. The same can’t be said for the likes of Reid and Fasolo ect.

Yeah hence the reason i said he wont leave. He is worth a first rounder fit and firing, maybe more? But no club is giving that up for a bloke that cant get on the park.

All i am saying it is rare that you will find a team willing to risk his worth as a trade based on his past.

Yeah hence the reason i said he wont leave. He is worth a first rounder fit and firing, maybe more? But no club is giving that up for a bloke that cant get on the park.

All i am saying it is rare that you will find a team willing to risk his worth as a trade based on his past.
We agree on that. He won’t leave.

Hope he can get on the park next year and show the fans what we love seeing from him. Quality footballer when fit.

As I said, my wife is a Pies supporter, and probably knows more about football than the both of us.
She is generally a pretty good judge of trade values from the 5 years i have known her, and she is the one telling me 3rd rounder (ish)
The guy has played 17 games in 3 years........doesnt inspire confidence so, anyone that trades a first rounder for him should be expecting 20 games a year, which has not been the case in the last few years.

Looks like he might stay anyway if the post a few above is anything to go by......??

3rd rounder?

I can see us offering 450-500k a season for him unsure of length of deal maybe 3 years? Low risk high reward.

Can anybody genuinely see Elliot every getting his back right and good enough to play anywhere near his best on a consistent level for another 100 games
I would doubt that very much, Reminds me of so many gun players who's careers have been cut short due to chronic injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anybody genuinely see Elliot every getting his back right and good enough to play anywhere near his best on a consistent level for another 100 games
I would doubt that very much, Reminds me of so many gun players who's careers have been cut short due to chronic injuries
His back is fine. Currently recovering from a hamstring strain, and previously an ankle.

Another injury for luckless Elliott has only managed 17 games since 2015, is anyone hearing anything about where he will be playing next year? Could he be looking for a fresh start elsewhere? What would he be worth in terms of a trade? Could prove to be a real steal this trade period.

Needs a good medicine man??? Always injured , where do you find one?

How do other people value him in a trade if hypothetically he was guaranteed to be injury free next year?

He can be a game breaker, I reckon they need to get him healthy, he is, in my humble opinion a seriously elite footballer.

Like I said he needs a home with a good medicine man???

Could be geelong bound

yes, i can see that also. geelong is a big consumer of washed up or b graders who is not too bad but never good enough. We need to trade for this guy do we? cant do that, we need picks for thomas. Is he a free agent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back