Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

As mentioned, either they deem him as worthy of the risk, and pay his worth based on ability, or they pass because of medical reports. Simple.

Re your other point, very valid, and clubs would be super conscious around carrying too many injury prone players into a season, especially Collingwood, but depending on the medical reports, guys like Elliott and Wells are high risk, high reward types who pay massive dividends if they stay fit. The same can’t be said for the likes of Reid and Fasolo ect.

Good medical team is what he needs, there is a club with a ripper, but they are after something more sustainable, and which could make them deadly.

Collingwood may as well keep him and work on getting him past his injury prone age, it seems some players can grow out of early over suffering of injury repeats.
He is such a dangerous player , persevere , because trying to trade him, well maybe other clubs may not want to give much for the risk.

You got him, get him better. Remember if he doesn't come good , nothing has been lost if his injury prone thing goes on, he'll retire anyway. He is not that old is he?

Good medical team is what he needs, there is a club with a ripper, but they are after something more sustainable, and which could make them deadly.

Collingwood may as well keep him and work on getting him past his injury prone age, it seems some players can grow out of early over suffering of injury repeats.
He is such a dangerous player , persevere , because trying to trade him, well maybe other clubs may not want to give much for the risk.

You got him, get him better. Remember if he doesn't come good , nothing has been lost if his injury prone thing goes on, he'll retire anyway. He is not that old is he?
Definitely not old, only recently turned 26. If he can get his body right, has another 5 seasons in him.

Definitely not old, only recently turned 26. If he can get his body right, has another 5 seasons in him.
Is it the same type of injury that keeps getting him?

Like is it always his hamstrings or is it various injuries?

Because 17 games in 3 years is very alarming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anybody genuinely see Elliot every getting his back right and good enough to play anywhere near his best on a consistent level for another 100 games
I would doubt that very much, Reminds me of so many gun players who's careers have been cut short due to chronic injuries

In English please?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depth
Menzel likely to be low-balled 1 year, or sign with the saints.

If it isn't Geelong, he stays.
It has been mentioned elsewhere that Carlton are interested in Menzel. Personally, I find that improbable, having spent so much time looking Fasolo of Collingwood. But I can't ignore it just because I think it is a mistake.

Similarly Carlton has been mentioned for a home for Dahlhaus. Again, while I think this improbable, it should not be ignored yet.
Think of Schrödinger's Cat.

Menzel has also been linked to North Melbourne: again I don't have a measure on how much I should trust this rumour.

In the end, there are a LOT of possibilities. None will be known until trade week is over.

At this point I find it hard to believe Collingwood can afford to keep Elliott. He is an excellent player on his day, and a real goal kicker. But his injury problems appear at the point where he should consider retirement. Places on AFL lists nowadays are more precious than ever and no team can keep a crock on forever, no matter how much admired by his team mates. Alex Johnson comes to mind: not even Sydney could keep him forever.
The question I have is simple: do the Pies think he can return to his best? If they think "Yes", then they will offer him a contract, even if it on the rookie list. I don't think they will, but that is just the experiences of a guy who has survived multiple injuries like those of Elliott.
If he is delisted, then it is quite possible that someone will take the risk with a 1 year contract. But I would not be certain Elliott would take it.

You’re*
LOL spelling police in a footy forum fmd

Is anybody debating our education level or are we here to talk footy, Maybe you should go join apolo forum with all the private school kids who get the private school education. I dropped out of richmond tech at 15 and and own a newsagent so dont really need to know perfect grammar or spell perfectly.

Let me know if you want to talk footy

Great player when he isn't broken which is always. Remember his breakout game well against us in 2012, gave our small defenders nightmares.

I was at that game, was absolutely dying for a piss throughout that final quarter but it was such a close game I had to hold on.
Can't remember whether it was that game that caused me to smash something or the final later that year with the Andrew Embley turnover.

Is it the same type of injury that keeps getting him?

Like is it always his hamstrings or is it various injuries?

Because 17 games in 3 years is very alarming

Its really about how good he could be and if the club will chance it , whether he moves or stays. He definitely has a problem with back and hammy's I think. But they need to weigh up the advantages to the disadvantage, that takes more than counting dollars it takes giving someone a chance.

I think the bloke is really good, so persevere with him. That's what I'd do, I 've seen him play when he's on its like he can't stop , he wants the ball and he wants to win.
Lots of footballers have these problems he should be able to come through and give a few years of gold , to who ever he plays for.

Its really about how good he could be and if the club will chance it , whether he moves or stays. He definitely has a problem with back and hammy's I think. But they need to weigh up the advantages to the disadvantage, that takes more than counting dollars it takes giving someone a chance.

I think the bloke is really good, so persevere with him. That's what I'd do, I 've seen him play when he's on its like he can't stop , he wants the ball and he wants to win.
Lots of footballers have these problems he should be able to come through and give a few years of gold , to who ever he plays for.
No doubt he is a quality player, that is unquestionable.

But hardly playing for three years makes him a massive risk with not that much currency trade wise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LOL spelling police in a footy forum fmd

Is anybody debating our education level or are we here to talk footy, Maybe you should go join apolo forum with all the private school kids who get the private school education. I dropped out of richmond tech at 15 and and own a newsagent so dont really need to know perfect grammar or spell perfectly.

Let me know if you want to talk footy

What a fascinating story! Have they made a film about your life yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back