Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt he is a quality player, that is unquestionable.

But hardly playing for three years makes him a massive risk with not that much currency trade wise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's true. Is he that good, that perhaps the future is worth a try, that's Collingwood's decision or who ever takes him on.

I suspect that the Pies will have to keep him and it could be a blessing, if he comes good.

That's true. Is he that good, that perhaps the future is worth a try, that's Collingwood's decision or who ever takes him on.

I suspect that the Pies will have to keep him and it could be a blessing, if he comes good.
worth way more to the Pies imo

But then again their forward line is functioning so well without him.

Maybe if they are to land a May or someone of that ilk he could be a sweetener in the deal?

It is really hard to gauge his value atm

When, I repeat, when fit, he is absolutely elite, another Paul Chapan. Strong on the lead and overhead, first class when the ball is on the ground and a thumping kick.

Pity. I hope he can get over all his injuries.
That’s why Pies need to persist with him. Every bit as good as Toby Greene when fit and firing. Fast, strong overhead, ridiculous vertical leap and great set shot. His currency at present is SFA. Keep him and try and get him right, he’s still only 26.

That’s why Pies need to persist with him. Every bit as good as Toby Greene when fit and firing. Fast, strong overhead, ridiculous vertical leap and great set shot. His currency at present is SFA. Keep him and try and get him right, he’s still only 26.
Every bit as good as Toby Greene?

Elliott is a good player but c'mon.

worth way more to the Pies imo

But then again their forward line is functioning so well without him.

Maybe if they are to land a May or someone of that ilk he could be a sweetener in the deal?

It is really hard to gauge his value atm

Every bit as good as Toby Greene?

Elliott is a good player but c'mon.
You’re right. Maybe Elliott edges him. Both players pretty much play as small forwards. Elliott has played 39 games less and has kicked 138 career goals to Greene’s 139. Elliott 1.55 goals per game, Greene 1.1. Elliott 5.2 marks per game, Greene 4.7. Elliott 3.16 tackles per game, Greene 3.02. Greene does average 9 disposals a game more, but that’s the only stat he has over Elliott. You’re entitled to your opinion although I’m not sure the numbers support it. Remember, I did say when Elliott is fit and firing, he’s every bit as damaging as Greene.

You’re right. Maybe Elliott edges him. Both players pretty much play as small forwards. Elliott has played 39 games less and has kicked 138 career goals to Greene’s 139. Elliott 1.55 goals per game, Greene 1.1. Elliott 5.2 marks per game, Greene 4.7. Elliott 3.16 tackles per game, Greene 3.02. Greene does average 9 disposals a game more, but that’s the only stat he has over Elliott. You’re entitled to your opinion although I’m not sure the numbers support it. Remember, I did say when Elliott is fit and firing, he’s every bit as damaging as Greene.
Elliott isnt as good as Greene

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliott would be one of the premier small forwards in the game. Robbie Gray but capable in the air.
Cheers, I think so too. But we are all free to disagree on opinions of others. And it’s been a couple of years since Elliott played without injury. He’s a had a really bad run and it’s easy for fans to forget when a top player is on the sidelines for extended periods. Age is on his side though. He’ll be back.

Go and watch his highlights reel. He is as good as Green!
He’s missed a chunk of footy. It’s easy to forget just how good he is. Unless you are a Pies fan who wants back in our forward line. The way he plays is perfectly suited to our brand of footy.

I rate him above Greene, just a pitty we havent had a chance to see more of him, i would love him at Melb but he will stay at pies, and if he gets on the park will repay the faith 100 times over.

Completely unbiased opinion as a neutral fan but I think Greene is better. However I love watching both of them play they’re explosive and game changers when they’re up and about. Nothing beats watching Elliott taking a massive screamer.
tumblr_mp7458Xt611qd4mvdo1_400.gif
Hope he can get healthy and get back on the park. Also hoping we’ll throw in a bid for him.

Completely unbiased opinion as a neutral fan but I think Greene is better. However I love watching both of them play they’re explosive and game changers when they’re up and about. Nothing beats watching Elliott taking a massive screamer.
tumblr_mp7458Xt611qd4mvdo1_400.gif
Hope he can get healthy and get back on the park. Also hoping we’ll throw in a bid for him.
Pretty sure he took two that game. He was on fire.

For sure. My comparison to Greene was no slant on him. He’s a star.
What is going on re his contract, it's strange that he hasn't signed on yet. Are his injuries that bad he may never get back to his best? There doesn't seem to be as much interest in him as I thought there would be for a player of his ability or is it just seen as a formality that he'll re sign with the Pies?

I'd be all for the Lions having a crack at him if he passed a thorough medical.

Yes he is. His stats say so and so does this.

lol. Are you seriously trying to use a highlights package to try and prove why one player is better than the other?

Remember when footy commentators would talk about Elliott potentially being the best forward in the league? neither do I, but I remember Greene being talked about like that
Remember when Elliott was an All-Australian? Neither do I, but I remember Greene being an All Australian
Remember when Elliott when the club b&f in a team that made a preliminary final? Neither do I, but I remember Greene doing it
remember when Elliott was played as midfielder and dominated? Neither do I, but I remember Greene doing it

Has Elliott even had a 40 goal year before?

What is going on re his contract, it's strange that he hasn't signed on yet. Are his injuries that bad he may never get back to his best? There doesn't seem to be as much interest in him as I thought there would be for a player of his ability or is it just seen as a formality that he'll re sign with the Pies?

I'd be all for the Lions having a crack at him if he passed a thorough medical.
Re his contract, it’s probably a case of settling on $$$ or length of contract or both with triggers both ways. He’s a popular player at the club.

Green played a bug portion of his career as a pure mid so his career goal averages are always going to be lower.

lol. Are you seriously trying to use a highlights package to try and prove why one player is better than the other?

Remember when footy commentators would talk about Elliott potentially being the best forward in the league? neither do I, but I remember Greene being talked about like that
Remember when Elliott was an All-Australian? Neither do I, but I remember Greene being an All Australian
Remember when Elliott when the club b&f in a team that made a preliminary final? Neither do I, but I remember Greene doing it
remember when Elliott was played as midfielder and dominated? Neither do I, but I remember Greene doing it

Has Elliott even had a 40 goal year before?
But 33 goals in 17 games, 35 in 20 games and 34 goals in 17 games means he’s every bit s 40 per season player. I even showed you some stats. He has Greene covered in almost everything, especially average goals per game (about 50% more). But I get it. You don’t agree with me and that’s ok. Plenty of others do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back