Recommitted Jamie Elliott [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Played through the middle at times but still mainly as small forward. GWS were never light on for mids.

Averaged 28 disposals in his first year. If he was playing small forward that would have been an elite season. He was definitely playing midfield. Made sense too because despite GWS's talent they had a lot of very young bodies and he was a bit more mature than others and more AFL ready. As time went on his small forward % increased.

I'd say Greene edges Elliott (even when fit) but also that Elliot has missed a lot of his prime years where he could have perhaps gone to another level. I was always scared of Elliot when we played Collingwood.

Averaged 28 disposals in his first year. If he was playing small forward that would have been an elite season. He was definitely playing midfield. Made sense too because despite GWS's talent they had a lot of very young bodies and he was a bit more mature than others and more AFL ready. As time went on his small forward % increased.

I'd say Greene edges Elliott (even when fit) but also that Elliot has missed a lot of his prime years where he could have perhaps gone to another level. I was always scared of Elliot when we played Collingwood.
Greene is a star, and I really rate Elliott when he’s out there. Hopefully next year he can remind the naysayers just how good he is.

Elliot was on track to be the best small forward in the game. His absolute best is as good as Greene, if not better

With three years out of the game there is doubt if he can get back to that standard.
Herein lies the important point: compare Elliott to whoever you like. it is not important. The point in question is his body. That has let him down and would be a low probability of being able to get back to his best.

Played through the middle at times but still mainly as small forward. GWS were never light on for mids.

The year that from 19 games he averaged 28 disposals and kicked 8 goals he was a forward was he?

Or the year that from 19 games he averaged 22 disposals and kicked 4 goals he was a forward?

Or his 3rd year from 15 games he averaged 28 disposals and kicked 7 goals he was a forward?

In his 2 main years as a forward he kicked 89 goals from 42 games...

Why on earth you would use his career averages I have no idea...oh wait you were trying to push the data to make it look good for your player.

And like others have said, it's no knock on Elliott. Greene is just a star. Instead of being "able to kick 40 goals if he played a full season", he actually does it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer we trade him, we don't need any more small forwards, there is a doubt on him being best 22 even if fit. Would rather trade him for a pick this year.

Jamie Elliott is a gun when fully fit but Greene is a far superior player and way more versatile. Not a knock on Elliott more to say how bloody good Greene is I guess. Could be a good bargain pickup for a club. I’ve heard little rumblings about a few clubs keen.
Apparently the Dogs are looking

Elliot was on track to be the best small forward in the game. His absolute best is as good as Greene, if not better

With three years out of the game there is doubt if he can get back to that standard.

Played 17 games last year. Probably wasn’t 100% but still managed to kick 34 goals. But yeah none the year before or this year.

Love Elliott. But Greene is better

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back