Toast Jamie Elliott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure, but he himself had no-one to beat. At all.
Only himself. May have kicked it, may have missed. We've missed a few in that range across 2 games.

I personally don't mind seeing them take the game on. Makes a defensive group so much more nervous, nervous defenders makes mistakes. Didn't work so well last week, this week it worked a treat. And it's not just that instance. There were multiple times where players were happy to dish off to a team mate in a better position. It's what worked for us in 2018 and when properly executed it'll work for us in 2019.

Bring the chaos I say.

60 Yards Out

Senior List
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I assume you noticed that was a post from 2 years ago?
Funny thing... I had to rub my eyes and look again when I saw a couple of days ago that there were recent responses to that post. Don’t think I was being prescient in 2017... Billy was starting to find his previous form after missing 2016, and then we know what happened after that. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat again again. Funny how an ancient post could become relevant and true two years later.

Mark W

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not just he plays well and kicks goals.

It’s the extra pressure he puts on the opposition defence. They know they have to watch him all the time.

And this is no dig at Thomas but the difference is palpable. Elliott operate at a higher level, he’s just better.
Thomas can be a good player but Elliott has it all for a small forward.
If he stays fit he’s A grade to elite. That good.

Magnificent having him back.
I don't get the point of the comparison. Theybplay completely different roles. One is a marking forward, brilliant at the one on one stuff, the other a crumber, very good at reading the ball off the big pack. They aren't in competition for the same spot IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't get the point of the comparison. Theybplay completely different roles. One is a marking forward, brilliant at the one on one stuff, the other a crumber, very good at reading the ball off the big pack. They aren't in competition for the same spot IMO
Just noting smaller forwards and a difference between a good one and a super one.
Whether they play the same role or position, they’re both smaller forwards.
No biggie, just noting one is on a different plane.

That said, if the squeeze comes for spots forward of centre, regardless of exact or different roles etc, if there is a player to miss out, it certainly won’t be Elliott.
Thomas would be the player worrying about his spot before Elliott.

(Hoskin-Elliott has to return, as an example.)

Finnishpie

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just noting smaller forwards and a difference between a good one and a super one.
Whether they play the same role or position, they’re both smaller forwards.
No biggie, just noting one is on a different plane.

That said, if the squeeze comes for spots forward of centre, regardless of exact or different roles etc, if there is a player to miss out, it certainly won’t be Elliott.
Thomas would be the player worrying about his spot before Elliott.

(Hoskin-Elliott has to return, as an example.)
If your point is that Elliot is a better player than JT, I don't think anyone is going to argue with that. Stephenson is too. Pendlebury is a better player than Mayne. Moore is better than Roughead.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t take this the wrong way, but gee I was sick of BT going on about Moore’s hair last night. He really needs to take a look in the mirror.
BT is the biggest flog. Bags out players then wants to do romaing BT and talk to them after the match. Surprised clubs let him do it

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to see Jamie back.

Please don’t take this the wrong way folks but just as a comparison. (Yes stating the obvious.)

Elliott compared to day Fasolo.

One is A grade / elite to position.
One is a medium level talent that can do things like a B + player but only a match or two a year.

One shows consistency in application, and execution.
One was hit and miss and more miss.

Both have talent but Elliott just has so many more advantages. He might help us ensure a flag.
Love we have him so much.

Top Bottom