Toast Jamie Elliott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sleuth1

Senior List
AFL Club
Collingwood
So great to see Jamie out there and finding his form. He has lost a bit of distance with his kick but I can see him building each week.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to see Jamie back.

Please don’t take this the wrong way folks but just as a comparison. (Yes stating the obvious.)

Elliott compared to day Fasolo.

One is A grade / elite to position.
One is a medium level talent that can do things like a B + player but only a match or two a year.

One shows consistency in application, and execution.
One was hit and miss and more miss.

Both have talent but Elliott just has so many more advantages. He might help us ensure a flag.
Love we have him so much.
I just love it when he hits up to 65, marks and turns, making a great decision every single time. He's such a good footballer.

On Faz, bloody talented player, but he's too slow to play forward. He needed to do the work and become a runner. He had great potential as a mid, but alas...

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to see Jamie back.

Please don’t take this the wrong way folks but just as a comparison. (Yes stating the obvious.)

Elliott compared to day Fasolo.

One is A grade / elite to position.
One is a medium level talent that can do things like a B + player but only a match or two a year.

One shows consistency in application, and execution.
One was hit and miss and more miss.

Both have talent but Elliott just has so many more advantages. He might help us ensure a flag.
Love we have him so much.
Elliott v Fasolo was never close

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, you really get a sense of his ego.
Rex H was worse.
Now that was some ego.

His calling became even worse as time went on, all the silly nicknames, silly over done expressions.
After a while you weren’t even sure what was happening on the field.

Glad his time has come.
He became like a passenger in a car watching his time come and go with a stranger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finnishpie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rex H was worse.
Now that was some ego.

His calling became even worse as time went on, all the silly nicknames, silly over done expressions.
After a while you weren’t even sure what was happening on the field.

Glad his time has come.
He became like a passenger in a car watching his time come and go with a stranger.
Oh god yes. Rex Hunt was unbearable, and Bt is sort of the modern version -- he has the nicknames too, just not as bad.

SwanDaneFan1991

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I liked Rexy when I was younger. Him and Clinton Grybas used to year it up. BT was okay during his time on radio and channel nine. But he got old. So did his commentary.

On topic. Whenever I ask Billy to make them dance, you can see he spent a lot of time practicing to be the puppeteer. Brilliant player. But then again, he is Billy, not silly ;)

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Glad to see him play wing/half-forward with the occasional push inside 50 and Stephenson playing deep as opposed to the other way around like they were for the first few weeks. Elliott's decision making is so reliable and he doesn't have a man pinned to him at all times when he's outside 50 so he can do a lot more damage as a result. When he has space to himself, he is one of the most damaging forwards in the competition. I have no idea why opposition coaches don't give him more attention but I hope it stays the way it already is.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Moderator #99
Wrong. The best approach is to rehab an injury properly, something that appears to be beyond the CFC medical staff.
Wow, first post since September last year.
You must've been sweating on this or something similar.
Welcome back.

Maggie5

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moderator #100
Wrong. The best approach is to rehab an injury properly, something that appears to be beyond the CFC medical staff.
My post#271 in the 'Review' thread. you would have noticed that I posted:

Elliott started well but think he may have got a knock in the 2nd as wasn't running as freely hope he is okay.
Until the medical staff can see into the future, think I would let this one pass.

Top Bottom