Toast Jamie Elliott

unplugged

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually, I applaud the fact that Bux just came out and said it straight, also happy for them to be conservative with it, give him a month off, give him 6 weeks off if necessary FFS! Just have him fit and primed for September.
We've got 4 games and then the bye before playing the Bulldogs at Marvel and then North at Marvel the week after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him until Round 16 against the Hawks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
You should write them a letter. Let them know.
I did. But then I received another one back asking what "fascicle" was, so I'm thinking a workshop might be needed, along with a medical encyclopedia.

No need. I'm pretty sure they'll have read it on here already. They watch these threads closely for advice. Apparently they've PMed Big Charlie to find out what rehab to do with Elliott.
They haven't PMd me, so are clearly happy to wallow in their own ignorance.

Yesterday, it was a bit of tightness and miss a week. Today Bucks is saying a standard hammy 3-4 weeks.

In between the above, BigCharlie makes his rehab recommendation on BigFooty. Pies are clearly listening.
Not sure why you have quite the attitude. The club are clearly hopeless at rehabilitating soft tissue injuries, especially chronic conditions, and I would have thought the suggestion to rehab an injury properly - something clearly beyond them - was both appropriate and sage advice.

What would be your advice to them re;hamstring rehabilitation - Askling, Aspetar, Mendiguchia, Opar/Hickey, or something else?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure why you have quite the attitude. The club are clearly hopeless at rehabilitating soft tissue injuries, especially chronic conditions, and I would have thought the suggestion to rehab an injury properly - something clearly beyond them - was both appropriate and sage advice.

What would be your advice to them re;hamstring rehabilitation - Askling, Aspetar, Mendiguchia, Opar/Hickey, or something else?
I have missed you. Pies' medicos must be doing something ok when a bloke with a BF account set up solely to criticise them has had to wait until after Rd 8 to make his first appearance for the year.

You clearly aren't a Pies supporter. Maybe try the Tigers board and have a go at them over Cotchin's hammy?

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
No need for a break with correct rehabilitation. Unsure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp, even for the medically illiterate like you.
I'm picturing you in a lycra suit wearing a cape. With the initials BC on your chest above an image of a stethoscope. Do you picture yourself similarly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have missed you. Pies' medicos must be doing something ok when a bloke with a BF account set up solely to criticise them has had to wait until after Rd 8 to make his first appearance for the year.
No, it's because engaging in discourse with stubborn illiterates is quite depressing, and best done only in small doses. As per:

Maybe try the Tigers board and have a go at them over Cotchin's hammy?
How many games has Cotchin missed the past four seasons?

I'm picturing you in a lycra suit wearing a cape. With the initials BC on your chest above an image of a stethoscope. Do you picture yourself similarly?
No, I have no need for a stethoscope. I'm more of a Jean Claude kind of bloke - the muscles from Mont Albert.

come on folks, anyone so obnoxious....
So you're saying Baltimore Jack is an ignorant tool? Not sure he will like that.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I did. But then I received another one back asking what "fascicle" was, so I'm thinking a workshop might be needed, along with a medical encyclopedia.
Perhaps they would have listened if you hadn't have started the letter you wrote to them with: "Hey morons, You guys have no idea. Just to show how much smarter I am, here's some medical terms I know: fascicle, etc.."

Anyone who would ask a question like that to someone with very little knowledge about the individual case study, really has no idea. Anyone who claims they know the answers to Elliott's situation without having studied his case closely, really should be a mystic medicine man, with no need of the vocabulary that you are so proud of. Study the individual case. Then once you have a decent understanding of the individual case, consider a treatment course, consider footwear, lifestyle and posture issues and then consider a series of activities to strengthen and rehabilitate the area and any other areas that may be contributing. Anyone who thinks they can diagnose and prescribe a course of rehabilitation without knowledge of the patient's particular case is a fool.

AFL Club
Collingwood
No, it's because engaging in discourse with stubborn illiterates is quite depressing, and best done only in small doses. As per:
Interesting use of "illiterate" so close to a flawed use of "as per" ("for example" would have been closer to the mark). Less time spent in the medicine books and more on the humanities may have given you a better grasp of English.

AFL Club
Collingwood
We've had an issue with dealing with soft tissue injuries since Nathan Buckley was playing. If we were more competent at rehabilitation, he'd probably still be hitting up Sean Rusling out of the square on the weekends instead of sitting in the coaches box.

Good_Old

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is considered the correct rehabilitation? Is it universal for all injuries, what about muscle specific? Are two hamstring injuries the same? Is there a universally "correct" form of rehab? Are ideas on rehab static, or are they constantly shaped by recent research literature?

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've had an issue with dealing with soft tissue injuries since Nathan Buckley was playing. If we were more competent at rehabilitation, he'd probably still be hitting up Sean Rusling out of the square on the weekends instead of sitting in the coaches box.
Same goes for all teams in all sports. Medicine has advanced enormously, but there's still a heap of trial and error involved.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting use of "illiterate" so close to a flawed use of "as per" ("for example" would have been closer to the mark). Less time spent in the medicine books and more on the humanities may have given you a better grasp of English.
Whilst i like your post, it was an interesting use of the word interesting to point out something that was not interesting.

Top Bottom