Player Watch Jamie Elliott

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is clearly ‘The Man’ we’ve all been waiting to see back flying again for our mighty Pies. Love him!
lets hope he can stay fit and have a 30-40 goal season. If he's out there the goals will come. Still mad he was robbed.

pheedOl.gif

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not just he plays well and kicks goals.

It’s the extra pressure he puts on the opposition defence. They know they have to watch him all the time.

And this is no dig at Thomas but the difference is palpable. Elliott operate at a higher level, he’s just better.
Thomas can be a good player but Elliott has it all for a small forward.
If he stays fit he’s A grade to elite. That good.

Magnificent having him back.

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not just he plays well and kicks goals.

It’s the extra pressure he puts on the opposition defence. They know they have to watch him all the time.

And this is no dig at Thomas but the difference is palpable. Elliott operate at a higher level, he’s just better.
Thomas can be a good player but Elliott has it all for a small forward.
If he stays fit he’s A grade to elite. That good.

Magnificent having him back.
I'll happily have both! Elliot is a natural firecracker though and can do it all, Including perfectly weighted 20m handballs under pressure.

rfOil91.gif

It's not surprising that the unwashed masses on the mainboard forgot how good he is and made fun of us for considering him a key out. That's fine though, they're going to learn all about his abilities in 2019.

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is just a natural forward, and he's already shown in 2 games just how much we missed him last year.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll happily have both! Elliot is a natural firecracker though and can do it all, Including perfectly weighted 20m handballs under pressure.

rfOil91.gif

It's not surprising that the unwashed masses on the mainboard forgot how good he is and made fun of us for considering him a key out. That's fine though, they're going to learn all about his abilities in 2019.

Wasn't just the main board, there were posters here arguing he might not merit a spot in the side ahead of the incumbents. Just silly talk.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If fit and healthy he’s A grade and elite to small forward position.

(The addition of Elliott and Moore being both well this season will be to our huge advantage.)

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united

rfOil91.gif

Gees that handball was good,wasn't it?There was no margin for error in it at all.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure, but he himself had no-one to beat. At all.

Only himself. May have kicked it, may have missed. We've missed a few in that range across 2 games.

I personally don't mind seeing them take the game on. Makes a defensive group so much more nervous, nervous defenders makes mistakes. Didn't work so well last week, this week it worked a treat. And it's not just that instance. There were multiple times where players were happy to dish off to a team mate in a better position. It's what worked for us in 2018 and when properly executed it'll work for us in 2019.

Bring the chaos I say.

I assume you noticed that was a post from 2 years ago?
Funny thing... I had to rub my eyes and look again when I saw a couple of days ago that there were recent responses to that post. Don’t think I was being prescient in 2017... Billy was starting to find his previous form after missing 2016, and then we know what happened after that. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat again again. Funny how an ancient post could become relevant and true two years later.

Back