Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

No scan as yet but when pushed Walsh on SEN indicated Elliott best chance of the three to play this week.

To me it is more refelective of the injuries to the other two in terms of recovery time and that even Jamie is still no chance but at least it sounds like it may not be a 6-8 week injury based on a non scan assessment by the club doctors.

Last edited:

Any news on the ankle? Whens the injury report come out?

Scans today will determine the extent of the injury. Anything else is pure guesswork.

No scan as yet but when pushed Wash on SEN indicated Elliott best chance of the three to play this week.

To me it is more refelective of the injuries to the other two in terms of recovery time and that even Jamie is still no chance but at least it sounds like it may not be a 6-8 week injury based on a non scan assessment by the club doctors.
If he gets up for this weekend i think i would cry of happiness

No scan as yet but when pushed Walsh on SEN indicated Elliott best chance of the three to play this week.

Read that as Wells - Season, Sack-Retired..
He's got big green spots on his tongue that Walsh...and a gigantic nose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad result, but I feel that without Elliot we're going to struggle.

I feel the Same. I struggle to see how our Forwards Line be Better or as good without Elliot. Won't be Kicking Big Scores

Elliot has been the difference for us in the last 3 weeks, I hope we can somehow fill the gap until he returns.

Our most important player because we don't bat deep in the forward line.

The injury gods are stealing our thunder.

Having Jamie in lifted the whole team. Players look for him with confidence. Moore has improved too, through not being the sole focus up forward. Jamie's loss is significant, but hopefully we can maintain the improved play and structure up forward which accompanied his return to the side.

Hope Eliott is fit and firing again soon. What concerns me however is how easily the ankle went. Hopefully its just one of those things and not something more sinister. The last bloke we had with a dodgy ankle didn't work out for us. Or didn't work out for Carlton at least.

Hope Eliott is fit and firing again soon. What concerns me however is how easily the ankle went. Hopefully its just one of those things and not something more sinister. The last bloke we had with a dodgy ankle didn't work out for us. Or didn't work out for Carlton at least.
Easily? A bloke fell on it. That's the sort of thing that ended Swannys career. We should be thankful his leg isn't broken.

I don't think it went easily at all. A bloke fell across his leg whilst his foot was planted.

Great minds and all that!
I would say by the footage the bloke more ran into the side of Elliot in a normal tackling motion. Yes his foot was planted but the point i was making is if it is the same thing you would hope theres not some kind of weakness there. There is a rumour going around he may have broken the fibula.

I would say by the footage the bloke more ran into the side of Elliot in a normal tackling motion. Yes his foot was planted but the point i was making is if it is the same thing you would hope theres not some kind of weakness there. There is a rumour going around he may have broken the fibula.

Yep, I was actually more worried about his knee than his ankle when it happened as the contact was predominantly above the ankle.

I think we'd have been told if there was a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back