Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Jamie in lifted the whole team. Players look for him with confidence. Moore has improved too, through not being the sole focus up forward. Jamie's loss is significant, but hopefully we can maintain the improved play and structure up forward which accompanied his return to the side.

Fortunately Reid appears close to a return. He'll provide somewhat of a focal point to take heat off Moore. He won't average 3 a game but he'll be a handful and will help us structure up a bit.

Anyone know whats goin on with Billy. The afl injury list says to be confimed (TBC) but the spiel at the bottom says he might play this week? Screenshot_2017-06-19-20-06-34-86.png

Just out of the moon boot this week and no chance against Port.

Optimistic to just assume the week after against Hawthorn.

Dare say it will be the Gold Coast game for him.

Anyone know whats goin on with Billy. The afl injury list says to be confimed (TBC) but the spiel at the bottom says he might play this week?View attachment 383366

Well, to use the word of the good Mr Collins, he "could" play this week, in the sense that he "could" make a miraculous recovery, either by medical marvel or through the power for prayer.

Those things "could" happen, but are unlikely to.

But there is always that chance to reach for...

(inb4JimCareymeme)

News tonight they said Elliott hoped to train later in the week, it'll depend how that goes and how he pulls up but you'd reckon it'd be a long shot.

"hoping he can train soon"

Is very different to "might play"

Only repeating what was said on the news, he will train later in the week.

As I said, you'd reckon he'd be a long shot to play this week.

This all stinks of the usual way Collingwood report injuries:

"Guys, he might totes even play this week."

Week after...

"Ok, it was never going to be this week, but maybe next week?"

Week after...

"Ok, so hear us out here, this isn't our fault, but it may be another 2-3 weeks from this point."

Then, 6 weeks after the injury, he comes back in and 'needs 2-3 weeks to get back to 100%'

Why the club can't simply take a realistic view, rip the bandaid off and tell everyone its 6 weeks from the very start is beyond me.

You look like geniuses if he's back sooner. It takes the pressure off him to return sooner than is safe and we don't have to play the same damn game every week of "trying to interpret the almost-english words that come out of Geoff Walsh's mouth".

We are less fun to watch without Elliot. After a year out you forget the entertainment he provides, so to lose him again after rediscovering his talents is a kick in the guts. This guy is a genuine key to our club, not only on field but off field. He brings people through the gate and captures the imagination of kids who will be the next generation of Pie fans. He has an intangible that can't be valued so I can only hope he gets a good run at it and stays on the park.

This all stinks of the usual way Collingwood report injuries:

"Guys, he might totes even play this week."

Week after...

"Ok, it was never going to be this week, but maybe next week?"

Week after...

"Ok, so hear us out here, this isn't our fault, but it may be another 2-3 weeks from this point."

Then, 6 weeks after the injury, he comes back in and 'needs 2-3 weeks to get back to 100%'

Why the club can't simply take a realistic view, rip the bandaid off and tell everyone its 6 weeks from the very start is beyond me.

You look like geniuses if he's back sooner. It takes the pressure off him to return sooner than is safe and we don't have to play the same damn game every week of "trying to interpret the almost-english words that come out of Geoff Walsh's mouth".

Because they cannot predict how any injury will respond to treatment or the resumption of training. Club seems to be damned if they do, damned if they don't. I don't have an issue with what they do but certainly don't accept everything they say as literally as some appear to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He captures the imagination of kids who will be the next generation of pies fans aye? Hmm id say most kids would be more intrigued by Pendles or Howe

If Howe keeps sitting on players heads it won't take long for that to shift.

I am only going by my five year old daughter who hates footy but loves Jamie Elliott.......she wants to marry him! :eek:

I am only going by my five year old daughter who hates footy but loves Jamie Elliott.......she wants to marry him! :eek:
Number 5 was far and away the top selling number in 2015 before Elliot's back injury. No idea if it still is, but I'd wager if it isn't his 3 goal a week streak when he came back would have put him right up there for the boys, and seeing his pretty face again would have been enough for the girls. He's still easily the most marketable player at the club.

Sanderson said he is a chance this week

Sanderson also said Wells would be out of the program for ten days when he tore his calf in December. Let's wait and see, but as it stands the fractured leg diagnosis is the one that fits best for me. He misses this week with an eye to the Hawthorn match which is still 12 days away, IMO.

Cannot believe he will play this week, just out of the moon boot, but a better chance from there on. A hair line crack in the bone 4 weeks off is about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back