Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome to Collingwood Jamie Elliot

Elliott played for the Murray Bushrangers over the last two seasons and will relocate from Euroa to start his AFL career at Collingwood. His mother Fiona, and partner Stephen, made the two-hour trip on Monday to the club to pick up an official Collingwood jacket and have a chat on camera.

In light on the above quote from the AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124891/default.aspx), I think Collingwood should be congratulated on recruiting the first openly gay player. Good on him and Stephen!!!

wait what he's parents are gay ?

Elliott played for the Murray Bushrangers over the last two seasons and will relocate from Euroa to start his AFL career at Collingwood. His mother Fiona, and partner Stephen, made the two-hour trip on Monday to the club to pick up an official Collingwood jacket and have a chat on camera.

In light on the above quote from the AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124891/default.aspx), I think Collingwood should be congratulated on recruiting the first openly gay player. Good on him and Stephen!!!

Eh. Well I guess we do have to nickname him Billy now? Unless of course it is his mum's partner. Haha.

not sure if ur serious.

pretty sure thats his mums partner :eek:

wait what he's parents are gay ?

No. Read it. If it was the mother's partner it would have said "His mother, and her partner Stephen." But because the subject of the sentence is Jamie Elliott the only way to read it grammatically is that Stephen is HIS partner. Don't get me wrong I think it's good for football.

No. Read it. If it was the mother's partner it would have said "His mother, and her partner Stephen." But because the subject of the sentence is Jamie Elliott the only way to read it grammatically is that Stephen is HIS partner. Don't get me wrong I think it's good for football.

"Mum and her partner"

[YOUTUBE]pc47KO5Tfo8[/YOUTUBE]

You can piss off now.

Sense of humour = Fail

My sense of humour is above primitive level.
I'm glad you find homophobic jokes funny though.

To momentarily depart from the gay discussion. I like the cut of Elliot's jib (as a footballer you understand) - leap, solid grab, good on either side, knows where the goals are without looking. Continues Hine's apparent penchant for natural footballers as opposed to athletic drones. A few suggested earlier that he may be too small but with the tools he has I'm hoping he can play taller.

A glance at the heights of players mentioned in comparison:

Milne: 176, Medhurst: 179, Banfield: 183

Elliot has been listed variously between 174 and 177 (must be using different tape measures or else he's grown in the last few days). If we feed him well he might even sprout a bit more. I reckon he looks an exciting prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few have said medhurst. But looking at the vid i see blake caracella / with a splash of gavin wanganeen, he looks look like a rubbery type of player as medhurst was a little straight lines type of player. Either way a couple trips to arizona, looks like a gun with serious no fear factor.

Someone who watches junior football may be able to confirm this but would Jamie Elliot have played under Buckley in the Vic Country Under 16's a few years back?

He looks good - there is a little bit of Medhurst about him. A small who thinks he is a tall would be a handy addition to our forward line.

Agree looks very talented. very much in the fasolo mould. coaching staff must think we lack in medium/small goalkickers as our recruiting over the last 2 years has netted elliott, fasolo and ugle

If you guys listen to the interview, he says his mum but you can't tell if he means HIS partner, which would indicate he is gay, or if he means his MUM'S partner which wouldn't be his dad, because thwe interviewer says mum and dad and he jumps in with partner.

Not that this matters, but the story would be HUGE if he's the first openly gay player whether it matters or not.

If you guys listen to the interview, he says his mum but you can't tell if he means HIS partner, which would indicate he is gay, or if he means his MUM'S partner which wouldn't be his dad, because thwe interviewer says mum and dad and he jumps in with partner.

Not that this matters, but the story would be HUGE if he's the first openly gay player whether it matters or not.

They may not be Married Mate

Anyone with ears can hear that he says "and her partner"

They may not be Married Mate

That's what I'm saying.

Interviewer said "Mum and Dad", and he jumps in with partner, which would indicate her mums partner is not his dad. Marriage is irrelevant.

If my mother and father aren't married, they're still my mother and father.

Anyone with ears can hear that he says "and her partner"

Can't have the volume up too loud at work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back