Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's time to trade him, if you look at him realistically, he is slow and slightly undersized, has never been able to play a full season, has shown glimpses but not consistency, doesn't apply a lot of forward pressure, and doesn't seem to fit into our new style of play. And I don't think he will ever get his body 100%, trade now while he has some value. We already have Dunn, Shaz, Goldsack, Wells and Reid as uncertainties for next year, that's a long way back to start from, TRADE

I think it's time to trade him, if you look at him realistically, he is slow and slightly undersized, has never been able to play a full season, has shown glimpses but not consistency, doesn't apply a lot of forward pressure, and doesn't seem to fit into our new style of play. And I don't think he will ever get his body 100%, trade now while he has some value. We already have Dunn, Shaz, Goldsack, Wells and Reid as uncertainties for next year, that's a long way back to start from, TRADE

Who'd want him? Better off signing him on a one year deal, have him come out fresh and ready to go and just see what he can do. From then we can either make the call to keep him or let him walk as a free agent if he wishes. You wouldn't get anything of value for him at the moment, and when he's in form hes a great small forward so worth persisting with for another 12-24 months. He's had a horrid run and we should stick by him.

An alternate view is that both parties agree that one year on ok money with some incentives is a fairer deal for both rather than 3 years on a more incentivised less money per annum deal. If 2019 is a bust, he still probably gets some sort of RFA deal for 2020 on. If 2019 goes well, they do a new long term bigger deal.

Not a major thing, but Wells was 31 when he signed with us in Oct 16.
totally agree - a 12 month deal makes perfect sense from our perspective and hopefully Jamie's.

He probably has little trade value as it stands, but a return to fitness and form in 2019 could be the platform for him to enhance that value.

I'm sure any prospective suitor would like to see him show the ability to get himself right before making him an offer anyway.

A fit and firing Jamie Elliott might just be enough to propel us to a flag next year.

If he struggles in 2019 then we're really no worse off than we are already.

Seriously? That's your assessment of Jamie Elliott?

Did you mean to post this on the Fasolo thread? Whilst Elliot has had two disastrous seasons with zero games, his other 5 years have seen a pretty decent return of games played - 15, 20, 17, 20 and 17.

And he kicks 30+ goals a season and averages over 3 tackles a game...

Yeah but you wouldn't be able to keep him out either so what's the diff... if he can get back whenever he wants those alias's are disposable and more licence is taken with them... if you have a real account you almost have to protect it... I'm sure he misses that freedom at times :p

What were you even banned for originally?

It's been that long now with many return accounts, the mods might as well just let dead dogs lie.

Hell they let BJ run his mouth all the time, why were you so special to need perma banning?

News article today that surgeons are investigating use of kangaroo tendons etc in human tissue reconstructions - ACLs etc - roo tendons approx 6 x stronger than human tissue
I guess if you had the roo tissue... you'd be better on the rebound??
Transplant all of Reids tendons NOW

I thought he was talking about Faz?

I checked to see if he'd quoted some "ignored" post but it was stand alone in the Jamie Elliott thread hence my disbelief..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I checked to see if he'd quoted some "ignored" post but it was stand alone in the Jamie Elliott thread hence my disbelief..
Relax, It's my opinion and the facts are that he is slow, he is small, will never be able to jump as high again, his back is stuffed which is causing his hammy's problems, the club wrecked his ankle and he is a liability along with the other players who have question marks over them, it's time to move on and trade him, sorry I don't share the same opinion as you but hey, get over it

Relax, It's my opinion and the facts are that he is slow, he is small, will never be able to jump as high again, his back is stuffed which is causing his hammy's problems, the club wrecked his ankle and he is a liability along with the other players who have question marks over them, it's time to move on and trade him, sorry I don't share the same opinion as you but hey, get over it

Your opinion doesn't constitute anything approaching a fact.

Your opinion doesn't constitute anything approaching a fact.
So he is not slow, he is not short, his back is 100% and he still leaps like a leopard, this is more about people having a different opinion to you, you havn't come up with any good counter arguments, stop living in the past, the guy is cooked

And in slightly better news, the media said whoops...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-14/surgery-should-see-pie-back-for-preseason
Talented Magpie Jamie Elliott has successfully undergone right hamstring surgery and is expected to be fit for day one of pre-season.

Elliott went under the knife on Tuesday, and a Collingwood spokesperson told AFL.com.au the 25-year-old would be fit when the Pies come together in preparation for next year.

An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated Elliott would not train again until 2019 after again hurting his left hamstring.

So he is not slow, he is not short, his back is 100% and he still leaps like a leopard, this is more about people having a different opinion to you, you havn't come up with any good counter arguments, stop living in the past, the guy is cooked

LMFAO!! You're a funny guy.

Did you mean to post this on the Fasolo thread? Whilst Elliot has had two disastrous seasons with zero games, his other 5 years have seen a pretty decent return of games played - 15, 20, 17, 20 and 17.

And he kicks 30+ goals a season and averages over 3 tackles a game...

Nah, he's clearly trolling.

I thought he was talking about Faz?

Nah, he was apparently serious, or just fishing. Either way, can't be taken seriously.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back