Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when people were criticizing him for not being interested enough and that he hated the coach. Relieved it only turned out to be a broken back that was his issue.... :drunk:

Not sure Fasolo is needed when Elliott is fit. Would much rather JE out of the two obviously!
Elliott a star but Fas and Elliott up and going will create plenty of headaches. Can be our best 2 goalkickers for 2017-8 at least.

Elliott a star but Fas and Elliott up and going will create plenty of headaches. Can be our best 2 goalkickers for 2017-8 at least.
Depending on how Kirby (and Daicos) develops this year I actually wouldn't be adverse to using Fas as trade bait. I think both of them could potentially be a better fit as more natural ground level types (although Kirby is a high flyer too) and Fas could probably net us a second rounder.

Depending on how Kirby (and Daicos) develops this year I actually wouldn't be adverse to using Fas as trade bait. I think both of them could potentially be a better fit as more natural ground level types (although Kirby is a high flyer too) and Fas could probably net us a second rounder.
While that's probably his trade value (although our last off season suggests we'd probably trade him for pick 196), keeping Fas is worth more to us than a second rounder, IMO. Our highest goalkicker last year (with not many games), and again this year so far. If you look at goal averages Jamie edges him slightly this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While that's probably his trade value (although our last off season suggests we'd probably trade him for pick 196), keeping Fas is worth more to us than a second rounder, IMO. Our highest goalkicker last year (with not many games), and again this year so far. If you look at goal averages Jamie edges him slightly this year.

Yeah I am with you. We have so few potential 40 goal a year players and no one who has actually achieved that feat. Fas and Elliott are the only players on the list who remotely threaten that currently and if we want to play finals at all in the next few seasons we need to find some goalkickers. We cant trade away the few we have.

Universal love for elliot!! Why trade fasolo hisnone of our best forwards.....however knowing our club they will
As I said, highly dependant on how Daicos and particularly Kirby develop.

Kirby in particular projects as a Fasolo who is faster, is better at ground level and actually tackles.

Universal love for elliot!! Why trade fasolo hisnone of our best forwards.....however knowing our club they will

Why trade Fas? hmmm...let me see? He doesn't chase, he's 7 years into his AFL career and he still doesn't have the aerobic capacity to be a tackling threat in the forward 50? He's selfish and he doesn't have a left side....but hey he kicks goals when he's on and he's not missing them. I reckon trading Fas to say WCE or Freo would be worth a second round pick.

If Elliott's there, we don't need another small marking target, we need a crumber and a tackling threat (Daicos, Kirby & Brown?)

I'd trade Fas

I would too but Elliott might get back issues again then we have neither of them. If Fasolo leaves who will kick all our behinds?

The story in the HS about him last week was quite amazing how he still can't sit for too long at all. Amazing he is back on the field, it still sounds quite serious. I fear we have to enjoy him while we can

The story in the HS about him last week was quite amazing how he still can't sit for too long at all. Amazing he is back on the field, it still sounds quite serious.

I dont read the HS and missed this story. But from all accounts Jamie's injury will have ongoing consequences for him, at least for now. It really is amazing how he has returned, and so courageous (a misused term in footy). I wince every time I see him hit hard, or land with a thump.

Averages virtually exactly the same amount of goals per game as Fasolo when you take into account Fasolo's games in defence.

(1.3 / 1.4)

Also averages less disposals but 1 more tackle.

Doesn't seem to be a lot that separates them but everyone wants to get rid of Fasolo

.....and kicks straight
Fas was a dead-eye up until this year. Form is temporary. It's not like he's a Cloke or Daniher who have never been able to kick straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back