Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Elliott, a far superior footy brain!

Fasolo is a naturally gifted footballer.. Elliot I've never looked at him in that way.. he is an impact player with a great leap and a bit of brut.

Both offer something different.. but Elliot by a long way.. simple choice.

Both at their peak.. really entertaining.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to let Faz go. 7 Years into a career and he's not getting any quicker. We don't need both them both and Billy is a better runner, better mark, better kick and a better tackler. Billy also understands team footy more than Faz who simply likes kicking goals.
For me its a simple choice. Billy's better. Lets play the kids and try and find a crumber amongst them?

Elliot, but it's a LOT closer than most fans here think. For some reason there's a negative bias towards Fasolo... every bad game he has gets put under the microscope while a bad game from Elliot is swept under the rug.

Consistency of effort!

Also Faz' ever increasing personal on field battles "off the ball" distracting him.

Elliott is always 100% focused and committed. Backing up contest after contest.

Have seen Faz standing around the fwd 50 waving his arm in the air some games he picks and chooses his efforts, puts in when he feels like it. No doubting Fasolo has talent but application to the task at hand can see him go from chocolates to boiled lollies in the space of a half of footy.

Elliot, but it's a LOT closer than most fans here think. For some reason there's a negative bias towards Fasolo... every bad game he has gets put under the microscope while a bad game from Elliot is swept under the rug.

My impressions of Faz don't actually stem just from his "bad games". I mean anyone who's played the game knows how hard it is to get a kick as a small forward. BUT he never does himself any favours by the way he "half chases" or flies for marks that are meant to be taken by the tall forwards. He doesn't seem to accept that for the good of the team he has to stop thinking he's a 6'4" FF and start to kick goals from scraps.
So even if he kicks 4, I still see the petulance, the unwillingness to crumb rather than fly in packs (something JB also does) and his slow reactions to chasing and tackling.
The fact they tried him down back also tells me that the coaching staff want something different from Faz. He can't stay a one trick pony any more.

I'd be happy to let Faz go. 7 Years into a career and he's not getting any quicker. We don't need both them both and Billy is a better runner, better mark, better kick and a better tackler. Billy also understands team footy more than Faz who simply likes kicking goals.
For me its a simple choice. Billy's better. Lets play the kids and try and find a crumber amongst them?
Kirby

Elliot reminds me of Tim Cahill.. couldn't dribble past a bin.. but his timing and leap is perfection.

Amazing really.. Tim Cahill made a living from not being able to play the game.. just impeccable timing that's all he has. Apparently on 4.5 mil a yr.. from the Victory FFA and other endorsements and sponsorships. The bloke would head butt a pole trying to dribble past it.

Last edited:
The more weapons you have forward the more chance one of them will get of the leash, Faz stays in for me.
When l first watch the game l thought he did very little, but after watching the replay twice have changed my mind, did not get the score board, but played his role well. Did a lot of the other important work you need to see

Who knows what the future holds for elliott!? Fasolo is a gun unless he askes to be traded keep him......could see him wanting to go home soon though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fasolo is less consistent, but equally if not more explosive when he is on.
Getting both playing consistent footy and on the paddock every week is something to look forward to.
Elliot is more workmanlike in personality, Fas is a movie star, most likely to release a bad single after footy, their demeanour suits each of them.

The more weapons you have forward the more chance one of them will get of the leash, Faz stays in for me.
When l first watch the game l thought he did very little, but after watching the replay twice have changed my mind, did not get the score board, but played his role well. Did a lot of the other important work you need to see

Agree. At least until an alternate weapon squeezes him out.

Also agree on his work rate.

I don't think the criticism that Faz doesn't play team footy is fair (although it was true two or three years ago). In both of the last two weeks I've seen Fasolo try to pass off to a teammate (and butchered both kicks) when he was in a position where he would've probably formerly gone for goal himself in a pocket.

Skill errors aside, he's grown as a player taking the team option.

I don't think the criticism that Faz doesn't play team footy is fair (although it was true two or three years ago). In both of the last two weeks I've seen Fasolo try to pass off to a teammate (and butchered both kicks) when he was in a position where he would've probably formerly gone for goal himself in a pocket.

Skill errors aside, he's grown as a player taking the team option
Skill errors aside, he's grown as a player taking the team option.
Agree. More games like last week where he does the little things will continue to improve my view of him. Will greatly improve the gap between his best (very good) and worst (occassionally horrid)

Don't understand the want of supporters to trade off Fas.

We need to develop him and Elliott in the forward line together, get a bit of hawthorn mosquito fleet going. Breust , Puopolo , Rioli and even Gunston all work well together when up forward. Or even look back to 2010 with dids , daisy, leon going through the forward line.

He is a freakish player and has proved he can win games off his boot. Just needs to add consistency and effort.

We need to develop him and Elliott in the forward line together, get a bit of hawthorn mosquito fleet going. Breust , Puopolo , Rioli and even Gunston all work well together when up forward. Or even look back to 2010 with dids , daisy, leon going through the forward line.

He is a freakish player and has proved he can win games off his boot. Just needs to add consistency and effort.
Been saying that for YEARS
Still no sign of it though
sigh

Agreed - not as if we are inundated with creative small forwards who have proven they can play at AFL level, so why would you consider trading one of them out? If Kirby and young Daics were dominating maybe, but they are both largely untested with no guarantees they'll make it.

Also, if you compare both Fasolo & Elliott there is really not much difference in terms of their career output.

Similar age, games played, goals, disposals, etc. Yet plenty on here think Fas is an inconsistent flake whereas Jamie is a star in waiting.

They play a very difficult position (perhaps even the hardest) in what is really a mediocre team - if the team improves its output so will they.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back