Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

At last a decent milestone, 150 Games!!!

2022-08-04_170610.jpg

In the 10 years since, he's experienced soaring highs, overcome long-term injury setbacks and established himself as one of the club's favourite sons.

In 149 career games the dynamic small forward has kicked 216 goals and at least one of them will go down in club history among Collingwood's all-time greatest.

"I've been through a fair bit to reach 150 games," Elliott said this week, ahead of the milestone.

"I've reflected on where I came from, my journey and what it's taken to get here and the people who supported me.

"It's a massive honour to play 150 games for this club."

While he was typically modest about the 150-game milestone and his match-winning goal in round 19, Elliott spoke sincerely about his love for the club.

"I would probably be working on a farm if I wasn't here (at Collingwood)," he said.

"I've grown as a person more than I ever thought I would and that has probably been the best thing.

"Football aside, I have so much to thank the Collingwood Football Club for.

"I can see myself being a Pie for life."

At last a decent milestone, 150 Games!!!

View attachment 1465854

In the 10 years since, he's experienced soaring highs, overcome long-term injury setbacks and established himself as one of the club's favourite sons.

In 149 career games the dynamic small forward has kicked 216 goals and at least one of them will go down in club history among Collingwood's all-time greatest.

"I've been through a fair bit to reach 150 games," Elliott said this week, ahead of the milestone.

"I've reflected on where I came from, my journey and what it's taken to get here and the people who supported me.

"It's a massive honour to play 150 games for this club."

While he was typically modest about the 150-game milestone and his match-winning goal in round 19, Elliott spoke sincerely about his love for the club.

"I would probably be working on a farm if I wasn't here (at Collingwood)," he said.

"I've grown as a person more than I ever thought I would and that has probably been the best thing.

"Football aside, I have so much to thank the Collingwood Football Club for.

"I can see myself being a Pie for life."
THAT is the feelings of a true club champion - if a few other notables on our list lately had half his courage and integrity we would have banked a couple of flags.

If anyone deserves to get to 200 it is Jamie lf the gods had been fairer he would have been closing in on 250 and mentioned with Fothergill and Daicos and has been a tremendous pick up, in his younger days prior to his back issues he was fantastic in the air,hope they win for him friday.

For me as a poster (not as a Mod), it becomes less enjoyable reading the forum when the content of posts is about a poster and not about all things Collingwood.

Actually surprised he hasn't played more games .. fair whack of unfortunate injuries though! Go Jelliot yeow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to share every bit of news that I see written about Jamie, here is one paragraph from the AFL game comments:

Jamie's big night
Jamie Elliott is in a rich vein of form and had one of the best games of his season in his 150th game. Two weeks after being the match-winner against Essendon after the siren, Elliott was the best forward on the ground against Melbourne, booting four goals and being lively throughout. The star forward hit the scoreboard not through his usual craftiness and class around goal, but through forward tackle pressure, with the 29-year-old kicking three goals through tackles and laying four inside-50 tackles for the night.

The bold is what I really love about him. Never gives up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back