Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy for Jamie. In some ways he epitomises the Pies - he does things the hard way. If there’s a knock to be had on a footy field, he’ll find it. He and Checkers would have to be the most battered AFL players currently playing. But they don’t complain - just get up and go again. And you noticed the photo behind him and Caitlyn? - one of his many moments of glory, if I’m not mistaken. Good on you, Jamie, your dad would be so proud of you.

I don’t think Jamie’s performance in the Grand Final is getting enough credit.
Watching the game I thought he was one of our best on the day and haven’t really seen much mention of him on the boards, other than retirement speculation.

Few stats from the game;
Most pressure acts out of anyone else on the field.
2nd on the ground for score involvements, behind Normy Hill.
2nd on the ground for inside 50’s.
And took the third most marks on the day.

He was unlucky that his kick from 35 dropped short, but as far as overall impact on the game, I thought he was massive on the day.

So many deserving players on our list, but hard to go past Jamie as perhaps the most deserving. Has battled through career threatening injuries to finally achieve the ultimate success.
Sadly I don't believe we ever saw what peak Jamie could have been, but he will retire as a premiership player and that is fxxxking fantastic.

Watching the game I thought he was one of our best on the day and haven’t really seen much mention of him on the boards, other than retirement speculation.

Few stats from the game;

He was unlucky that his kick from 35 dropped short, but as far as overall impact on the game, I thought he was massive on the day.
Gotta be honest I wouldn't have picked that! Felt he was a average.

Sorry Jamie! I was wrong!

Gives me another excuse to rewatch 😎

Few stats from the game;

Jamie was very good, has some HUGE touches in the 2nd half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd you get that photo?

I'm going to have to talk to border security!
Might shoot over on Sunday when the cup will be in town.
I emailed the club and told them they should try and arrange Jamie, the cup and the Magpie together for a photo shoot.
Wonder if anyone saw it?

Few stats from the game;

Yep, thanks for reminding me of that. The 'score involvements' was the only one that had really seeped into my frazzled consciousness on that frantic afternoon; i remember thinking several times, "Billy is really running hard to be a link man in a lot of these plays, you go son", but then didn't really think deeper. But with the pressure acts, as well as the impact of those marks and inside-50s, it's clear that he played a key part in getting the game on our terms and getting the Cup.

What a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back