Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Re: Welcome to Collingwood Jamie Elliot

Looks like the next Mark LeCras :thumbsu:
You could say that, but in one of those vids he looks like the lovechild of Paul Medhurst, same idiosyncrasies.:eek:

the distributer

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Hope he forces his way in next year, looks to have a few tricks, was he touted as a sub 50 pick? anyone know?

otfc42

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood

Impressive footage, bit of midfield stuff would be great as well.

Ummmm, I was thinking very much Sidey, good both sides, low centre of gravity....and then he jumped.....

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern

We love our steak knives!

lol can add that to Hine's prerequisite collection.

A poster on the draft board mentioned (if I heard correctly) that he was involved in the young guns game/comp and tore it right open.

daics_35

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Port Melbourne VFL

He will fit perfictly in our team with the way he tackles. Looking forward to see him in action in 2012.

Frankie23

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bloody great set of steak knives! So much Medhurst in him!

Normally i don't get too excited about video's of draftee's but there is enough there to suggest he could be a player...

carnthepies19

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood

Seems like a better version of Blair. I wouldn't be suprised if at some point Elliot pushed him out of the side.

His highlight package looks fantastic, and if he can play like that at AFL level, then I think we've just managed to get ourselves a bargain.

Very excited to see him playing live next year at whatever level.

spam

Draftee
Oct 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Rangers

Do you think he can slot right in? And get a few games next year?

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC

Seems like a better version of Blair. I wouldn't be suprised if at some point Elliot pushed him out of the side.

His highlight package looks fantastic, and if he can play like that at AFL level, then I think we've just managed to get ourselves a bargain.

Very excited to see him playing live next year at whatever level.

I guess with Elliot n Fasolo might as well delist ugle and farmer now

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern

I guess with Elliot n Fasolo might as well delist ugle and farmer now

Ugle has tricks, he won't be gone.

Farmer I really see nothing to like at this stage so not fussed if we move him on.

IMO, the inclusion of Elliot just about means Dick is a certainty to not be at the club in 2012.

O

Old Spice

Impressive footage, bit of midfield stuff would be great as well.

Ummmm, I was thinking very much Sidey, good both sides, low centre of gravity....and then he jumped.....

Kicking and ground play very Sidebum I thought too. A solid mark and tackle.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Elliott played for the Murray Bushrangers over the last two seasons and will relocate from Euroa to start his AFL career at Collingwood. His mother Fiona, and partner Stephen, made the two-hour trip on Monday to the club to pick up an official Collingwood jacket and have a chat on camera.

In light on the above quote from the AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124891/default.aspx), I think Collingwood should be congratulated on recruiting the first openly gay player. Good on him and Stephen!!!

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood

I reckon the goal for Blair now is to try moving into the midfield rotation so he doesn't have to be pushed out. I think the middle his natural position even though he hits the right spots when crumbing quite often. Hopefully Ugle can develop further because he seems like a genuine small forward type, and with Elliot we now have a couple of guys who could potentially fill the Brad Dick void, and replace Krack when he retires or moves into the midfeild more.

I like the look of Elliot from the vids, especially the tackling and the pressure aspect. It's the sort of things that was getting Sinclair games this year, so if Elliot can show it consistently in the twos he could crack a game too.

Back