Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I have loved JT's season I think he'll struggle to repeat it. A fit Elliot is an upgrade.
Why not both.

JT has a real edge and can rotate through wing, forward, on ball.

Why not both.

JT has a real edge and can rotate through wing, forward, on ball.
JT was very poor and didn't fire a shot in any of the 4 finals this year. Probably our worst in the GF and showed that he cant lift when it counts. One bad game you could forgive but 4 poor finals showings proves that he should be superseded with someone who could.

You’d think Mayne or Aish would come out before JT given he’s a better midfielder than both.
On the evidence of the finals, certainly Mayne and possibly Aish are superior to Josh Thomas in terms of their worth to the team. Thomas was great earlier in the year when he was kicking goals but had a very ordinary final's series

JT was very poor and didn't fire a shot in any of the 4 finals this year. Probably our worst in the GF and showed that he cant lift when it counts. One bad game you could forgive but 4 poor finals showings proves that he should be superseded with someone who could.
That’s good to know.
I didn’t know this.

Somehow I thought Final v WCE he had 21 possessions and 1 goal, then v GWS with 2 goals.

But perhaps he didn’t fire a shot in 4 finals...

Gee, thanks for that. Didn't know he got 3 goals in 4 games. Thats very dominant. A must keep then!
He might just break the drought.

I just was making a point that you eluded to him doing nothing in all four games, I was just saying the first two games were ok.

Is he Jamie Elliott, no.
Is he a capable, yes.
Is he a star, no.
Is he a good medium type with a bit of mongrel, yes.

Gee, thanks for that. Didn't know he got 3 goals in 4 games. Thats very dominant. A must keep then!
Well did say, he did not fire a shot, which was not quite right.
No star, but does his job

On the evidence of the finals, certainly Mayne and possibly Aish are superior to Josh Thomas in terms of their worth to the team. Thomas was great earlier in the year when he was kicking goals but had a very ordinary final's series
He had a poor grand final, finals were ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talk on Elliots injury has been very quiet the past few months, is he looking to be able to do a full preseason and play round 1 or is the injury still long term?

The talk on Elliots injury has been very quiet the past few months, is he looking to be able to do a full preseason and play round 1 or is the injury still long term?

This was posted on EbnW on the 30th:

Date Posted: 11:22 30/09/18 Sun
Author: Rusty
Author Host/IP: cpe-121-214-141-224.bpjl-r-033.lon.vic.bigpond.net.au / 121.214.141.224
Subject: Moore had a huge hammy tear more than 15cm long and the knock effect
In reply to: (per) Annabelle 's message, "Crashing, soft tissue injuries are different to" on 10:25 30/09/18 Sun

was confidence crushing. If it went again it could rip further and be totally career ending. That’s the reason why the caution was intense. As a obviously very talented professional sportsman you have a 10 year window as the money time. No sane human being should compromise their long term career. He wants to stay, he prefers to stay and I believe the club wants him there. My bet he will, and I bet there won’t be many high spending suitors wanting him under this cloud. It will probably be a two year contract.
Jamie Elliott will re-sign, they found a small tear that wasn’t picked up via the scan, they have repaired that, clean up some bone issue and he will be rating to go. His ankle injury of last year should have been operated on sooner, one believes that’s one reason of the tear position, his ankle injury caused stress on his hammie and he had never had a hammie before.

You’d think Mayne or Aish would come out before JT given he’s a better midfielder than both.
Better than both combined.

Aish is so far behind JT as a player it is not even comparable. JT kicked 38 goals this year and played every game. Aish has kicked 23 goals in his career. Now I know they play different roles but JT is versatile and capable of playing up the ground.

It’s almost like people just want to see him fail ...

When Elliott was last fully fit, it was between he and Eddie Betts for the best small forward in the competition. He’s a no-brainer inclusion if fit.

Elliot at full tilt is a star. Freakish actually. 5’10 and can out mark players 6 inches taller. Handy with a snap and a dead eye dick on the set shot. Quick and elusive. Virtually impossible to match up on when fully fit. And there’s the rub…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back