Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

he's aged in his time away with injury, I remember him as baby faced

He's still looking pretty fresh, at least compared to the haggard creature I briefly saw in the mirror this morning. And Jamie seems to smile a lot more these days, seems happier on the footy field, which pleases me.

He's still looking pretty fresh, at least compared to the haggard creature I briefly saw in the mirror this morning. And Jamie seems to smile a lot more these days, seems happier on the footy field, which pleases me.

I think you're impacting my mirror as well.

I think you're impacting my mirror as well.

Not sure that I'm willing to accept blame as the origin of a gathering zombie apocalypse. Your bathroom mirror might be experiencing its own difficulties.

The horror, the horror...

I've always had a soft spot for Billy as he reminds me of Medhurst.

JB1975 has observed that he seems to be smiling so much more. How important is that? I think he has come to terms with his football mortality and is now much more focused on the present. I remember during his initial years that he would hardly celebrate a goal.

I hope this year is a fairytale for him, he hasn't had the easiest of childhoods; the guy deserves a flag as much as anyone.

Not sure that I'm willing to accept blame as the origin of a gathering zombie apocalypse. Your bathroom mirror might be experiencing its own difficulties.

The horror, the horror...

Hmmmm, that's unfortunate. I was desperate for an alternative to the obvious. I might need to try a new mirror

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine playing for that pissant club.

Anyway in all seriousness, if Elliot leaves whatever imo. We simply cannot afford to over pay someone like him, we have plenty to cover with and much bigger players to worry about where our coin goes.

It could be good for both Elliot (security and dollars) and club (cap)

Melbourne going after Jamie.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/demons-make-offer-for-magpie-jamie-elliott-20190912-p52qqm.html

Article also states the Demons favoured to get Tom Langdon but as it says he plays for Freo I think they mean Ed.

Not sure how or why their TPP situation is any better than ours having recently thrown big bucks at Lever and May and a few of their existing players wouldn't be all that cheap. They've got a couple of retirees or potential retirees in Lewis and Garlett but the rest of their uncontracted players aren't the types pulling big bucks so the differential in replacing them isn't all that great.

Anyway in all seriousness, if Elliot leaves whatever imo. We simply cannot afford to over pay someone like him, we have plenty to cover with and much bigger players to worry about where our coin goes.

I would like to keep him tbh. Who do we have to cover for him as a genuine forward threat?

Anyway in all seriousness, if Elliot leaves whatever imo
. We simply cannot afford to over pay someone like him, we have plenty to cover with and much bigger players to worry about where our coin goes.

What??!! The guy has been the most explosive player in our forward line and has shown his best form in years, yet you think we can easily do without him. Given how injury prone our star players are, we can hardly afford to lose a player of Elliott's calibre. We have Stephenson as a potential regular, but De Goey sits out far more games than he plays. Other than them, we do not not have 'plenty to cover for him'. Personally I would be hoping that Elliott figures he owes the club for sticking by him and remains for unders.

No way he is going to leave us for Melbourne unless they throw the kitchen sink at him.

Ffs can't the AFL ban overtures to players until the season is over? This is going to be a distraction now for our premiership push and we don't need any distractions.

What??!! The guy has been the most explosive player in our forward line and has shown his best form in years, yet you think we can easily do without him. Given how injury prone our star players are, we can hardly afford to lose a player of Elliott's calibre. We have Stephenson as a potential regular, but De Goey sits out far more games than he plays. Other than them, we do not not have 'plenty to cover for him'. Personally I would be hoping that Elliott figures he owes the club for sticking by him and remains for unders.
That’s what happens when you have good players, can’t keep them all.

Why should Elliot minimise his earning potential? It’s very unlikely he’s going to ever walk into a job that could pay him 1.2-1.5 over 3-4 and you would like him sacrifice that?

I think we all prefer he stays, but if he’s collateral damage for De Goey, Grundy and Moore so be it

Can't blame him if he takes the money but I personally believe he enjoys playing in a winning team and loves the club. Luckily for us he is playing finals in front of massive crowds atm, should make it that little bit harder to leave.

No way he is going to leave us for Melbourne unless they throw the kitchen sink at him.

Ffs can't the AFL ban overtures to players until the season is over? This is going to be a distraction now for our premiership push and we don't need any distractions.
Why else do you think Melbourne are raising it now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back