Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still looking pretty fresh, at least compared to the haggard creature I briefly saw in the mirror this morning. And Jamie seems to smile a lot more these days, seems happier on the footy field, which pleases me.

Think the lack of smiling in the past was a result of playing through the pain of injury. Would kick a goal and show very little enjoyment in the moment. Some saw it at the time as a potential sign that he was not happy at the club and disengaged from the program.

I hope and thought at the time it was the former rather than the later. I hope I was right.

Definitely think he is keen to stay but sometimes dollars talk. Can't see how the Dees can land Jamie, Tomlinson and Langdon so easily after recruiting May and Lever in recent times, the former on big money.

Definitely think he is keen to stay but sometimes dollars talk. Can't see how the Dees can land Jamie, Tomlinson and Langdon so easily after recruiting May and Lever in recent times, the former on big money.

How much money?
Melbourne ain’t doubling the salary....
And a 2yr deal at that?
You need to pay overs to get a player out not replicate the same tenure as his existing club.

Get nervous every time he plays now

Still a gUn was goung to be a star before his back

Would hate to see him play for another club

Worn a lot of numbers 35 19 and 5

Odd

Good point. they are all odd numbers.

I think there's a bit of loyalty from Jamie toward the club, especially after what we've sunk into the last few unproductive years/rehab etc....

In the end I expect the club and he will come to terms. He still has to be a fair risk too - hopefully he's right from here but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

He isn’t leaving even “if” we win the Premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine playing for that pissant club.

Anyway in all seriousness, if Elliot leaves whatever imo. We simply cannot afford to over pay someone like him, we have plenty to cover with and much bigger players to worry about where our coin goes.

It could be good for both Elliot (security and dollars) and club (cap)
While we can't get into a bidding war a fit and firing Elliott allows DeGoey to spend more in the midfield. Plus you can never have too many talented forwards.

Unless Melbourne Offered him a Massive Contract he won't be going anywhere
Given his age profile, this would be a good time to get a nice juicy contract.
So why would he knock back a lucrative offer from Melb? From us he will get the 2 yrs with clauses.
But supposedly if we won the premiership, it is mission accomplished, he can add something to his market value and off he goes. And I wouldn't hold it against him either. Having said that, yes we should try to make him stay as I don't see an easy replacement but we have played without him before.

Given his age profile, this would be a good time to get a nice juicy contract.
So why would he knock back a lucrative offer from Melb? From us he will get the 2 yrs with clauses.
But supposedly if we won the premiership, it is mission accomplished, he can add something to his market value and off he goes. And I wouldn't hold it against him either. Having said that, yes we should try to make him stay as I don't see an easy replacement but we have played without him before.

Well not a great look to leave a Team that have looked after him and his dodgy Hammies for a Long Time.

I could understand IF big Difference between our and Melbourne's Offer but still not the Best Look

Well not a great look to leave a Team that have looked after him and his dodgy Hammies for a Long Time.

I could understand IF big Difference between our and Melbourne's Offer but still not the Best Look
In the end Dave every player has an average of about 6 years to make their stash, the stars about 10 and the champions up to 15 years. That is a short working life and they will certainly pick up injuries along the way that will effect their lives post career.

It would be disappointing after all we have done but you only have to imagine how his spine must be getting battered week after week to understand that he needs to ensure his and his family's financial future.

That being said . . . please stay Jamie.

Partially agree. Trading wouldn't have been in anybody's favour as he didn't have any trading value nor could he command anywhere else same amount of coin that the Pies were willing to offer. And who is to say that the hammies weren't Collingwoods doing. Could very well be he thinks the club owes him. I wouldn't hold that against him either, we do have a poor track (record) there too. I wish the best for Jamie and the club and if those paths converge great, and if not so be it. Let's first make sure he ups his market value by adding premiership player to his resume :)

I wouldn't be shocked if he did leave. He was a gun player and injuries have severely curtailed his earning capacity. He may want to try and get as much as he can while he can. A bit similar to Daisy.

Not sure the Dees would be offering up a massive contract though, that'd be irresponsible given his history. On balance, I reckon he'll stay.

I'm pretty confident that Jamie will stay loves the club and his teamates and he's loyal as, not to mention he's wearing one of the most highly regarded numbers available at the club he'll be a pie for life

The latter is also likely on big money - 800k a year was reported at the time.

I reckon we should start sniffing around Tom's little brother to see if there's any interest in coming over.

Euroa boy. Magpies for life.
Yep & talking to some of his mates/ex teammates they believe he'll come back & play for the Euroa Magpies after he finishes.

He believes in loyalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back