Injury Jamison - Knee - 4 Weeks Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Look a huge loss, but one person doesn;t make a team...we have to HTFU over the next month, he will be back August to ramp it up for the finals...who knows what will happen to other teams, suspensions , injuries etc

Feel for Jammo, love him

Yep just saw Ratts sitting in his car, crying and waving a picture of Jamo about mumbling something about his coaching career and why me, top 4 is shot, that kind of stuff......FFS grow a pair kiddies.

Put Hendo at CHB for a start. The pressure to kick goals against spare defenders will be off, and he might well flourish. A Hendo with confidence can only help for the rest of the season. Laidler for Austin. Waite to CHF leaves us no worse off than we have been for most of the year, and Irish can help at that end too.

It's not the end of the world.

I think it comes down to whether top 4 aspirations is worth stalling Henderson's progression as a CHF (cut the crap, he will be a gun CHF, and people are just impatient).

Hence, IMO the most appropriate thing would be to move Waite to CHB and keep Henderson to CHF.

Laidler Thornton Duigan
Yarran Waite Russell

Houlihan Henderson Simpson
Garlett Walker Betts.

Still seems ok to me.

Yep just saw Ratts sitting in his car, crying and waving a picture of Jamo about mumbling something about his coaching career and why me, top 4 is shot, that kind of stuff......FFS grow a pair kiddies.
I'll bump your post if you're wrong.

Has anyone seen bluepride and Blueinblood in the same post at the same time?

There must be a lot of people around who know footy players and get the goss on trades and selections.

Unlucky as he was easily the AA fullback this year, been vital. I still think you guys can stay in the 4. Unless we beat Geelong which is a big possibility, you guys are still going to be 2 points ahead, Riewoldt is in horrible form. Have more to worry about with Vickery and Nahas.

Bulldogs are rubbish and you should beat them. You guys lost to a quality side, don't be pathetic and say top 4 is shot. Judd did nothing yesterday, he will be wanting to prove himself for the rest of the season, there is plenty of quality left in the side to make top 4.

I would of thought having a severe case of the flu was a reasonable explanation for Judds performance.

I guess Simon White will be in the mix too. Hopefully someone steps up and proves their worth. Why not Give that role to Henderson when Waite comes back and goes forward? I wish Watson was playing well but last time i saw he was still well in developmental stages. Pitty McCarthy is such a rake too. The depth is there.

Wow, that is awful awful news.

Fortunately, Laidler and Duigan can come back and they are perfect third man in spoilers to help out Thornton and whoever our unfortunate CHB might be for the next month.
We will lose all games without a Full Back all those guys are short. I think we might have to try Ohailipin in full back even with the risk of him dropping marks. The others like Bower,Henderson and especially Austin will be like a flower and Thornton just can't do it against' guys like Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks that he'll be gone for the Collingwood game, but he's looked proppy for a while and definitely needs/deserves the break. Hopefully he comes back fit and firing for the Hawthorn/Freo matches and finals.

When Duigan, Laids and Bower come back in we will be in an ok position.
FB - Russell, Thornton, Laidler
HB - Yarran, Bower, Duigan

God Dammit Jammo, All Australian form also, we need you! Backline will miss you, speedy recovery moit!!! x

I hear Daniel Talia barracked for Carlton as a kid. Any reason we didn't take him instead of Brock Mclean in the 2009 draft? :rolleyes:
Daniel Talia will take a few years although, Brock Mclean why why not even take another big man if they didn't want a kid.

Sorry off topic but does anyone know the rest of the fixture for Hawthorn and West Coast as I don't have a fixture. I heard they have an easy draw from now on. If that is the case top 4 not looking to good right about now.

I won't be quite so quick as other to write off our top 4 chances just yet. It makes things a hell of alot tougher, but i have faith that this loss could galvanize the playing group to pull together and move forward.

I'm with you Sublime.
Losing a player as important as Jamo is a loss, but it's hardly time to put the cue in the rack. We beat Richmond without earlier in the year, Bulldogs don't really have a forward line that is going to strike fear into us, Collingwood was always going to be a massive challenge, and we should be Essendon on their current form.

We do have some options for our tall defenders. Bower can come back in, as can Setanta. Throw in White, Waite, and Henderson can play down there, and our tall backs don't look too bad. We're 2 points ahead of West Coast who have the bye this week, then play Geelong (H), St.Kilda (A) and Fremantle. So those games aren't exactly a walk in the park.

If we're going to do anything this year, we really should beat Richmond, Bulldogs and Essendon without Jamo.

s**t news.

Arguably our most important player, certainly in our few most important.

However, with every bit of bad news there is a silver lining. And the good news to come out of this is that it presents someone with a fantastic opportunity to prove their worth as a senior footballer for Carlton. Bower should come in and Austin should be given an extended run in the seniors to see if he has what it takes to be a long term player.

Jamo will be a welcome addition in the run home and for finals footy, which is a huge positive. Let's just hope that we're still sitting pretty in the top 4 when he returns.

This will be a huge test for the club and I can only hope that they will strengthen as a team in the face of this adversity. If the boys go hard at the ball at all times, and work as a team from siren to siren then I'm confident we can cover Jamo to a significant extent - but it most certainly will not be easy.

We will lose all games without a Full Back all those guys are short. I think we might have to try Ohailipin in full back even with the risk of him dropping marks. The others like Bower,Henderson and especially Austin will be like a flower and Thornton just can't do it against' guys like Hall.

So much overreacting. Carlton will whip teams like Tigers, Dogs and Bombers. Reiwoldt isn't tall. Duigan could handle him. Essendon are shot. Hall hasn't taken an overhead mark this year. Giansiracusa is there go to man. Carlton had an off day. Bring back Duigan, Laidler, Curnow, Waite, Bower and Robinson and suddenly Judd and Murphy break free again. Should win 4 of next 5. Steady on.

I'm with you Sublime.
Losing a player as important as Jamo is a loss, but it's hardly time to put the cue in the rack. We beat Richmond without earlier in the year, Bulldogs don't really have a forward line that is going to strike fear into us, Collingwood was always going to be a massive challenge, and we should be Essendon on their current form.

We do have some options for our tall defenders. Bower can come back in, as can Setanta. Throw in White, Waite, and Henderson can play down there, and our tall backs don't look too bad. We're 2 points ahead of West Coast who have the bye this week, then play Geelong (H), St.Kilda (A) and Fremantle. So those games aren't exactly a walk in the park.

If we're going to do anything this year, we really should beat Richmond, Bulldogs and Essendon without Jamo.

Well said and with a clear head. If Jamo is fit for finals it will propel us against the elite but we are fooling ourselves if we can't come good for the next four games - we will expect a loss against the Pies - the others we should win if we rise to the occasion.

Yes we should win 3 of the next four without Jammo, Pies were always going to be a challenge, whilst jammo is a gun, sometimes when a player goes down, out of necessity another gem is unearthed, players grab opportunities

Not too worried TBH, whilst terrible to be without him I'm glad it has forced him to be rested after looking very proppy the last few games. Should come back ready to fire for the end of the year.

Except for being deprived the opportunity to take a full strength squad in against the pies, the timing is not too bad really, playing some less intimidating opposition the next couple of weeks so hopefully some of our fringe/returning backmen like Bower and Aussie take the chance to play themselves into some form if given the opportunity.

Hands off the panic button folks, we are still on track. If we can't find a way to cover a single player, even one as important to us as Jamo, then we don't deserve to get far come finals time - triumph over adversity and all that.

I won't be quite so quick as other to write off our top 4 chances just yet. It makes things a hell of alot tougher, but i have faith that this loss could galvanize the playing group to pull together and move forward.

Yep. He'll be back well before finals so he'll be up and running when we need him.

It's also a chance for another player to stand up and make a key defensive post their own. We've wanted for a second capable tall defender all year and somebody might thrive under the pressure.

Glass half full perhaps but it's certainly not the end of the world.

Yep. He'll be back well before finals so he'll be up and running when we need him.

It's also a chance for another player to stand up and make a key defensive post their own. We've wanted for a second capable tall defender all year and somebody might thrive under the pressure.

Glass half full perhaps but it's certainly not the end of the world.
Agree. It's not great news but it forces us to develop other options and a Plan B 10 weeks before the finals. Henderson down back is an option, also the defence will be strengthened with Laidler and Duigan due back.

Waite is also due back, but I think he will need to play up forward and provide a much needed marking target which we lacked last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back