Jane Hume

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean she was honest at least about not having policies in opposition, they're only there to criticise whatever it is that labor does, if they had policies they might end up looking hypocritical when they criticise labor for doing something that they agree with

she said this too .... apparently

So you dont know.

As a Victorian Senator would be aware of concerns earlier this year.
'Former Casey mayor Amanda Stapledon took her life in January, three days after receiving IBAC’s draft report into her alleged role in allegedly corrupt land deals involving a developer and councillors.'

I mean she was honest at least about not having policies in opposition, they're only there to criticise whatever it is that labor does, if they had policies they might end up looking hypocritical when they criticise labor for doing something that they agree with

Hardly uncommon across politics.

Theres a diagnosis for suicidality in response to pressure from those who seek to hold you to account for objectively poor decision making and policy failure

Its called being a political snowflake

It is not a psychiatric diagnosis and does not benefit from hospitalisation or medication.
If is treatable with a good dose of concrete and facing up to scrutiny
indeed ..... or ... alternately .... act honestly, decently and with integrity when in public office and you wont have to wrestle with the stress of public scrutiny

await with interest kwalitys attempt to argue the contrarian view on this

Last edited:
So you dont know.

'Former Casey mayor Amanda Stapledon took her life in January, three days after receiving IBAC’s draft report into her alleged role in allegedly corrupt land deals involving a developer and councillors.'
What's your point here? That people shouldn't be investigated because they might commit suicide?

So you dont know.

Concrete deficiency.

Yeah come at me.

So? Failure to articulate a position is the same as having no policy; and attempts to defend fence sitting as political adaptation is a failure to demand better from politicians. But see my earlier dismissive comments around politicians and suicidality (what I call acute concrete deficiency)

All true just irrelevant months after an election.

Did I say it was?

a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer, i.e textbook rhetorical question.
The job of the opposition is to present an alternative government which is hard to do in a policy vacuum.
Indeed in theory - see the 3 years used by the Opposition after losing in 2019 as an example of developing policy - but you know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when does it become relevant to ask what they would do? Presumably during an election campaign, but what about the lead up?

Probably as soon as the post mortem of the review of the loss is over. Ms Madigan started on the campaign for Albo 18 months out.

The Liberals spending any time writing or developing policies for the next half a decade or more seems like overcapitalising to me.

I'd agree normally BUT .......
Inflation will influence the hip pocket nerve & Aus is at the start of the cycle. That ball is in Mr Chalmers hands & budget night will start the scoreboard ticking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back